What's new

First VZW iPhone Glitch

Medic3166

Reaction score
So I got my iPhone via UPS on Tuesday. Worked flawlessly, not a thing wrong with it... Until today. I was doing some random stuff around the house, and decided to check the weather for tomorrow. I picked the phone off of the coffee table and pressed the home button to wake it, like I've always done with my iPod touch. Nothing. Strange, so I pressed the sleep/wake button. Nothing still. Press and hold sleep/wake button: Won't turn on at all. I knew it wasn't dead, as the last time I used it was 15 or 20 minutes prior and it had 90% battery life. I tried plugging it in with the OEM AC adapter, not a thing on the screen. I even tried to plug it into the computer I sync it with, and it still doesn't turn on.

Now with most cell phones, if it's turned off and it is called from another #, it goes straight to voice-mail. I tried calling my cell # from my house phone, and the phone line rang and rang until my voice-mail picked up, but no ringing or anything from the iPhone.

So I took a trip down to the Verizon store. I told the tech my problem, and she gave me a blank stare... "It what??" The Manager came out and said congratulations, you're the first person with a broken iPhone...

They hooked it up to their computer, and got the same results I did: nada. The Tech took it in the back, and somehow managed to get it to turn on, but it was as though it was straight out of the box, with the activation screen. The iPhone somehow completely wiped itself clean.

I ended up getting a new replacement phone through the warranty.

Any AT&T'ers ever have something like this happen?

Most of time just hold the power/home until it reboots... No biggie I'm sure the Verizon stores support will get better over time.. ;)

Sounds like the guy restored it to me. As Danny said a simple reboot would probably have done the trick...