What's new

Finding app on iTunes

HowardBrazee

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this message. Every time iTunes changes, I dislike it more. But I don't really have a choice. My question is - using iTunes, how do I find a particular app that I wish to move to a different folder on my phone? I tried right clicking the app when I search for it. I use a Mac and all of my software is up-to-date.

Hopefully, this will work on a Mac as it does/did on my Windows PC...

After you've located an app - you're on the Apps tab of the phone and the app is showing as installed - double click with your mouse on the app line in the left column of the iTunes screen.

The folder/screen view (in the right-side column of iTunes) should change to show you a pop-up of the folder the app is in (or the screen page the app is on). See this for what I mean:

d4e220682c6238fd9225bd0ad2f55d7b.jpg

Again, this works for Windows. I hope it helps for Macs.

Marilyn

I just tried it on my Mac. Neither double clicking nor right clicking worked for me. There's a further problem, that when I select Apps (after having to open my iPad settings), I don't see anything until I start a search. I can erase the search to get the whole list. I'm wondering if there is a bug in the Mac version.