What's new

Find My Iphone - can I undo Erase request? URGENT!

nycadam

Reaction score
Short of it is my kid was playing with my iphone, Opened the app and asked for my password which I told him. Somehow he navigated to erase iphone (he's 3 - go figure).

My phone is/was off at the time so off line. I can turn it on somewhere where I am positive there is no service so it won't go on line. I can turn off the radio, turn off wifi access and I have also removed it from find my iphone app via Icloud on my computer - icloud.com

Is there any way to reverse the erase command? Or AT LEAST back it up before turning on the radio again? PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
Once it's erased, you can't get it back without professional tools, and that requires that after the incident, you keep the phone turned off completely. Otherwise, your only option is to restore from a backup, which should be made regularly

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

FYI all, So I went somewhere where I knew there was zero chance of service and turned the phone back on - it was off when I sent the erase request from find my iphone on my ipad. Turned on the phone, turned off the radio, wifi and entered airplane mode. I also went to icloud and deleted my iphone from the find my iphone service. This way I could do a complete backup to computer - which backs up the entire phone - a mirror image as opposed to backing it up to the cloud which only backs up certain pockets of information. This allows you to completely restore the phone exactly as it was beforehand - in case anyone gets into the predicament I was in!! Also as I referenced removing the phone from find my iphone, after backing the phone up the erase NEVER HAPPENED. I'm still not sure if I put the phone back on find my iphone if the delete will happen but tend to doubt it...

Last edited:
FYI all, So I went somewhere where I knew there was zero chance of service and turned the phone back on - it was off when I sent the erase request from find my iphone on my ipad. Turned on the phone, turned off the radio, wifi and entered airplane mode. I also went to icloud and deleted my iphone from the find my iphone service. This way I could do a complete backup to computer - which backs up the entire phone - a mirror image as opposed to backing it up to the cloud which only backs up certain pockets of information. This allows you to completely restore the phone exactly as it was beforehand - in case anyone gets into the predicament I was in!! Also as I referenced removing the phone from find my iphone, after backing the phone up the erase NEVER HAPPENED. I'm still not sure if I put the phone back on find my iphone if the delete will happen but tend to doubt it...

You are FULLY CORRECT 'NYCADAM', I STOPPED the Erase my iPhone request, JUST as you recommended and it WORKED!! THANKS!!! And NO, if you put the phone back on Find My iPhone, the delete does not happen!! I must say that I did rename my iPhone, afterwards, just in case the same iPhone name/account matched ANY thing in iCloud or cyber land... lol