What's new

File Transfer

AATT

Reaction score
I need some help , after jailbraking i cant find an app to make the file transfer easier between my desktop and my iphone .
I tried iexplored . iphonebrowser

can anyone post a detailed tutorial on how to make this work ?

You can try the paid Cydia tweak "PC Networking" - if you have a Windows PC. This is a wireless way to connect.

Or, you can download i-Funbox, which is an .exe file you put on your PC. With this program, your phone has to be connected via the USB cord.

Marilyn

I've used two different tools. CyberDuck (SSH via wifi) and iFunBox (USB cable). I started with CyberDuck. Open Cydia and scroll down to user guides. Read the Copying Files to/from device. I use a Mac thus CyberDuck. Read the OpenSSH Access How-to and the Root Password How-to. For security of your device you MUST change the password.

Last week, I purchased a beta version of a theme. I downloaded the files which needed to me transferred onto my phone. I used CyberDuck. All appeared to work fine. When I tried to install it would not install. I deleted and re copied 5 or 6 times without success.

I decided to try iFunBox. I successfully deleted the files , re copied, and the theme installed.

Based on my experience, I'll use both but I'll use fun box if I need to add critical files.

iFunBox is very easy to use. Download and install, open fun box, connect your device, and it will appear in the upper left. Click the RAW file system and you have access to your files. I've attached a screen shot that may help.

Mike

$Lumo.jpg