What's new

FBI Launches Child ID App for Parents

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
FBI_Child_ID.JPG

The FBI announced today that it has launched a free iPhone app for parents called Child ID. This is the first app to be created by the FBI, and is designed to provide a means of electronically storing photos and vital information about your children so that they can immediately be shown to security or police officers in the unlikely event that a child should go missing. The app even has a special tab that enables you to email all the relevant information, including pictures of the child and physical identifiers such as height and weight details to authorities in just a few clicks, so that you don't waste precious seconds.

The FBI says that the app also contains tips on how to keep your children safe, as well as vital advice about what to do in the first few hours when a child goes missing.

On its website, the FBI asks specifically that people publicise the app as much as possible and tell their friends and family about it.

Click here to download the free app: FBI Child ID for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: FBI — Child ID App, via TUAW

Just like many reviewers I'm reluctant to use this app because it poses a threat if lost or stolen. There is no ways to lock the app from prying eyes. If the lock feature becomes available I'll be sure to download it. Great concept though.

Just lock your phone... If they can't get in your phone they can't get in the app.

---
I am here: [ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.086699,-79.058944[/ame]