What's new

Factory Unlock

avian100

Reaction score
I am trying to figure this out? I have found a guy that for a fee will Factory unlco your Iphone just as AT&T will (or it seems that way) I give him my IMEI number and a hour or so later he tells me its unlocked then I restore it in Itunes and sure enough its unlocked . He has done it twice for me with iphones that are still in contract that AT&T wouldn't unlock for me. Anybody have any ideas how he is doing it? Im guessing Apple or AT&T emlpoyee?

Hey must be an employee for apple store or at&t or at least has some type of access to apples database to make the phone unlocked.

I would like to use this guy, do you have a way i can contact him?

ATT offer unlocks now so he probably takes your IMEI and gives it to ATT to unlock, I would be careful though because these methods of unlock have been removed very quickly in some cases by apple so just be careful if you decide to do that..

but really I dont see the point of paying for a locked phone to save money and then paying out a tone of money to unlock it? why not just buy the phone unlocked in the first place?:)

That whole IMEI thing is the exact same thing AT&T does when you qualify for an unlock.

I'm just wondering how they do it for phone that are on contract. (unless there is fine print, or they're just leaving that part out.lol)

That whole IMEI thing is the exact same thing AT&T does when you qualify for an unlock.

I'm just wondering how they do it for phone that are on contract. (unless there is fine print, or they're just leaving that part out.lol)

from what I have been told ATT dont unlock phones still in contract

Unleashed said:
from what I have been told ATT dont unlock phones still in contract

Yes...that is what I know of.

But if they can do what they claim......how do they do it with phones on contract is my question.

If you have an unlocked iPhone on contract with AT&T you are still obligated to stay with AT&T until the contract ends at which time AT&T will unlock it for free. Or you can pay the early termination fee and again have AT&T unlock the phone.

So why bother paying to have your phone unlocked while under contact? Is there an upside to all this?

If you have an unlocked iPhone on contract with AT&T you are still obligated to stay with AT&T until the contract ends at which time AT&T will unlock it for free. Or you can pay the early termination fee and again have AT&T unlock the phone.

So why bother paying to have your phone unlocked while under contact? Is there an upside to all this?

Yes its nice to have it unlocked as when traveling you can use it on other carrier GSM networks.

I would love to have mine unlocked for traveling, right now i use my blackberry bold 9000 as it is unlocked permanetly

OK I can confirm that he has unlocked 3 Iphones for me that I am sure were still in contract . I called AT&T first to see if they would do them and was told they were still in contract and could not be unlocked. I'm going have to agree he must be a employee of either Apple or AT&T . XamDam PM me and Ill give you that info .

I still advise to be careful, these types of unlocks may seem amazing but apple soon stops all non legit unlocks from working.. I hope they dont this time but you spend so much money to do so and then usually it barely lasts for one firmware

Hey I guess anything is possible but all i do is give hime my IMEI and then restore in itunes just like if AT&T had unlocked it and its unlocked? sounds legit to me . to answer your previous question , the reason why I pay to have these iphones unlocked is due to the fact that I buy them broken, or unwanted (by a AT&T customer who has cancelled early) etc . and them unlock to sell them they are MUCH more valuable unlocked especially Factory Unlocked .

@avian100 - I have at&t iphone which i need to get factory unlocked, can u help me with it please

thanks