What's new

FaceTime with my carrier in Venezuela

zanvetto

Reaction score
Hello.

I have an i4 with Movilnet in Venezuela.

Im trying to register FaceTime but it keeps saying waiting for activation.

I have international sms enable and the iPhone is unlocked.

Any help would be great.

Hw can I test if it's the carrier or my iPhone?

Thank you.

FaceTime is a iPhone thing. It works over wifi only if you're not jailbroken. You have to turn it on in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Compré hoy un Chip en Movilnet para mi Iphone 4 y tengo el mismo problema, dice: Esperando activación....

Pudiste resolver este problema?

Agradeciendo de antemano tu ayuda....

Gracias!

Hello.

I have an i4 with Movilnet in Venezuela.

Im trying to register FaceTime but it keeps saying waiting for activation.

I have international sms enable and the iPhone is unlocked.

Any help would be great.

Hw can I test if it's the carrier or my iPhone?

Thank you.

1. Use the program DISK AID, connect to the root of your iPhone.
    Navigate to System > Library > Carrier bundles > iPhone > Unknown.bundle

Save out the carrier.plist that is in unknown.bundle. Save it to your desktop somewhere you can find it later.

Then, navigate to your intended carrier bundle, for example, mine was Rogers, so I went into the Rogers_ca.bundle, copy the carrier.pist from here into the unknown.bundle folder.

You have just overwritten the stock unknown carrier plist with the Rogers carrier plist.

The reason for this is so that you can use the correct number registration used for facetime activations.

Reboot your iPhone. Do the gevey process again. If you can't see the option to edit your "Cellular Data Network" in Settings > General > Network, then it worked. To clarify, it should be missing.

So, now you have verified that you are using the Rogers carrier.plist. Go to Settings > Phone > and Turn ON facetime.
    It will send a text message to the proper Rogers auth number (49988) instead of the UK number the unknown carrier tried to use.

You will be authorized! FaceTime works. Congrats.

Now.. you could leave it as is, but you might not have wifi tethering support.

To enable tethering, reconnect your phone to DISK AID and restore the saved unknown.bundle carrier.plist into the uknown.carrier folder.

Reboot.
    Do Gevey process again.
    Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network, and reset settings.
    It should clear all APNs
    Manually re-enter your carrier settings for APN, MMS and Tether.

Exit

Everything should now be working, Push, Facetime, Cell Data, WiFi Tether.
    You're welcome!

NOTES: This process of swapping the carrier.plist file into the unknown bundle folder should work to enable facetime with any OFFICIAL carrier.

You must copy the plists around because editing them is not possible, the plists on iOS 4.x are signed and cannot be changed, but you CAN move them around.