What's new

Facetime to 3G videocall

okizen

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iphone 4. Would it be possible to make a videocall abroad with the other end having a 3G phone? Someone told me that both parties would have to have an Apple (email) account.

TIA

Hi,
I have an iphone 4. Would it be possible to make a videocall abroad with the other end having a 3G phone? Someone told me that both parties would have to have an Apple (email) account.

TIA

To use FaceTime you must both have iphone4's.

Have tried the Face Time using 3G recently and the outcome was absolutely poor. Basically it seems like someone have pressed the slow button. The reception was poor as my video call gets disconnected easily. That is the reason why apple uses via wifi to make video calls.

Have tried the Face Time using 3G recently and the outcome was absolutely poor. Basically it seems like someone have pressed the slow button. The reception was poor as my video call gets disconnected easily. That is the reason why apple uses via wifi to make video calls.

That was not my experience. Not as good as WiFi, but still usable and not choppy - never once disconnected during a 20-30 minute call.