What's new

Facetime over 3g without jailbreak

brmbjn

Reaction score
Hello!!!
How to facetime over 3G without jailbreak in my iphone 4s (5.1)??

Hello!!!
How to facetime over 3G without jailbreak in my iphone 4s (5.1)??
There's ONLY one way to accomplish this... connect your iDevice you want to Facetime from to another Device via Wifi Hotspot that uses 3G data.

Last edited:
Yea. You will have to wait for a jailbreak
The OP made no reference towards wanting to JB their iDevice. So, your comment is unnecessary. Please refrain from such comments that state the obvious.

The OP made no reference towards wanting to JB their iDevice. So, your comment is unnecessary. Please refrain from such comments that state the obvious.
I was just confirming that it needs to be jailbroken which is the only way to do it as of now....

I was just confirming that it needs to be jailbroken which is the only way to do it as of now....
Solely from his iDevice yes... however, the work around I posted will utilize the cellular data you pay for. Thus, accomplishing the same thing. It still doesn't negate the need for an comment stating the obvious... end of discussion. Thanks!

***Moderation Notice: Please refrain from posting comments that are in no way constructive towards solving the OP's issue. Thanks!***

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a adminstrator/moderator on Head-Fi.org, which is one of the largest audio sites on the .net and we have a strict rule about posting about piracy and illegally downloading music. Although people do what they do in the privacy of their on bedroom (so to speak), it is a slap in the face to the sponsors who work hard to make money the old fashioned way, so it's not cool to broadcast or promote on the forum. I was surprised to see it talked about so freely here.

Sorry for the off-topic.

I am a adminstrator/moderator on Head-Fi.org, which is one of the largest audio sites on the .net and we have a strict rule about posting about piracy and illegally downloading music. Although people do what they do in the privacy of their on bedroom (so to speak), it is a slap in the face to the sponsors who work hard to make money the old fashioned way, so it's not cool to broadcast or promote on the forum. I was surprised to see it talked about so freely here.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Thanks for the input, immtbiker.

We here at this forum don't like any discussion about "piracy and illegally downloading music" either. Not only is any such discussion against our rules - piracy is illegal!

So, please, if you see any such discussion here, hit that report button. This will send a notice to all the forum staff and I guarantee a moderator will be along to take of the piracy issue. Cause it is NOT something we want "talked about so freely" here. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net