What's new

FaceTime over 3G/Edge not working

InsideBoxer

Reaction score
I've tried the following cydia apps: My3G, FaceBreak, 3GVenice and 3G Unrestrictor.
FaceTime connects, but a black screen shows. I can only see myself in the top right corner.
Does anyone know how I can make it work somehow?

Cheers

I use MY3G and have no issues.

Now did you try to connect to some one?
If not, then do so

If you did, then it must be network related issue.

Also when connected to someone you only will see yourself in the top corner and see who your facetiming with on the rest of the screen, this is how facetime works.

As I said, facetime connects :) but I get a black screen :(
I'm at work, on Edge, maybe that's why? Done in 30mins, I'll try when I get outside on a proper network and report back.

Quick question. I have a 4s on 5.1.1 jailbreak, maybe it's not compatible.. Could that be the reason?

As I said, facetime connects :) but I get a black screen :(
I'm at work, on Edge, maybe that's why? Done in 30mins, I'll try when I get outside on a proper network and report back.

Quick question. I have a 4s on 5.1.1 jailbreak, maybe it's not compatible.. Could that be the reason?

My3g is compatible with the 4s i have a 4 and works.

Maybe it is the edge service as to slow to properly send eveything fast enough.

Even on 3g service its a little grainy and there is some
stuttering well thats when i tried at 5pm EST net congestion will be a huge factor in how well it will work.

On wifi its alot better again depends on your connection speed and if there is network congestion.

My3g is compatible with the 4s i have a 4 and works.

Maybe it is the edge service as to slow to properly send eveything fast enough.

Even on 3g service its a little grainy and there is some
stuttering well thats when i tried at 5pm EST net congestion will be a huge factor in how well it will work.

On wifi its alot better again depends on your connection speed and if there is network congestion.

Had 3G in right outside work. FaceBrake worked well :) thanks for your help

Np's

I do see facebreak states not support by my ios version which is 5.1.1

What ios you running?

I use 3G unrestricter and it works great. I have noticed that your wifi needs to be on for it to work tho. I guess that's part of tricking your phone into thinking its connected to a network

I use 3G unrestricter and it works great. I have noticed that your wifi needs to be on for it to work tho. I guess that's part of tricking your phone into thinking its connected to a network

I have 3G unrestrictor too and i neve tried it yet, good to know you need wifi enabled even if using 3G service to trick it.

MY3G does not require for you to have wifi enabled when using 3G service.

I'm using my3G to FaceTime on iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 EDGE connection and it's working just fine but only when the other side is connected via wifi, if me and my contact are faceTiming and i'm on EDGE and my contact on EDGE or 3G then no luck.