What's new

Facetime Contact - Which are capable\available?

Kingjonesy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently got my iPhones 4s and have been playing around with facetime, calling my father etc. All seems to work amazingly well, quite surprisingly!

Anyway, as I don't know which of my contacts have iPhones 4's\iPads, and the ones that do, I don't know if they're using WiFi.
My question is, is there a way I can tell from my iPhone, which contacts are facetime capable? And If they are capable, are they available (using WiFi at that time)?

Rich

Kingjonesy said:
Hi all,
I recently got my iPhones 4s and have been playing around with facetime, calling my father etc. All seems to work amazingly well, quite surprisingly!

Anyway, as I don't know which of my contacts have iPhones 4's\iPads, and the ones that do, I don't know if they're using WiFi.
My question is, is there a way I can tell from my iPhone, which contacts are facetime capable? And If they are capable, are they available (using WiFi at that time)?

Rich

No there isn't a way to tell other than texting a potential contact before hand and seeing if they have a capable iDevice and asking if they are connected to wifi.

No there isn't a way to tell other than texting a potential contact before hand and seeing if they have a capable iDevice and asking if they are connected to wifi.

Or you could just FaceTime and it'll either connect or tell you it can't due to the other person not being compatible or in a wifi area

I tried it and it said "not available for FaceTime"

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: