What's new

FaceTime activation on jail broken iphone4

Erkan

Reaction score
I can use my iPhone to call my wife from her iPod touch. When she tries to connect, there is no connection.

When she tries to call my iPhone from her iPod touch, she cannot even reach my iPhone. Please help. Thanks.

Or she's not on wifi, or she's dialing wrong your FaceTime phone number. She need to have an face time account which I think is the iTunes account, then you register her user name in your contacts, both of you have to be on wifi, then tap on face time icon in the contact and select her user name. It should work then.

Or she's not on wifi, or she's dialing wrong your FaceTime phone number. She need to have an face time account which I think is the iTunes account, then you register her user name in your contacts, both of you have to be on wifi, then tap on face time icon in the contact and select her user name. It should work then.

We are both connected to wifi. Her name is registered on my contact list and my name is connected on her contact list. We both have account from iTunes.

The service provider in Turkey told me that FaceTime cannot be activated on jail broken iPhones. Is this correct?

Erkan said:
We are both connected to wifi. Her name is registered on my contact list and my name is connected on her contact list. We both have account from iTunes.

The service provider in Turkey told me that FaceTime cannot be activated on jail broken iPhones. Is this correct?

No..FaceTime can activate on jailbroken iPhones. Are you connecting using her email..

Erkan said:

No..FaceTime can activate on jailbroken iPhones. Are you connecting using her email..

Yes. I try to connect from my iPhone to her iPod touch via her email. My name appears on her screen but when she tries to connect it says 'it is connecting' but there is no connection at all.

When she tries to connect to my iPhone, I cannot see her name on my iPhone!

Please kindly help. Thanks.

Last edited: