What's new

Facebook’s New, Ultra Fast iOS App Update is Here

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7983-facebook-app-update-august-2012.JPG

Mike Isaac at All Things D reports today that Facebook has finally completed work on its major revamp of its much-maligned iOS app, which hits the App Store today.

“People have different expectations when it comes to using Facebook for iOS,” Mick Johnson, Facebook iOS mobile product manager told All Things D today. “They expect a level of performance and speed that just wasn’t there.”

Johnson also told All Things D that the previously painfully slow user experiences of scrolling through the feed, photos and loading the app has been made much, much faster. Johnson went on to explain that the reason the much-needed update took so long to arrive was because it had to be rewritten pretty much from the ground up, mainly because the current app is largely HTML5-based, and had to be changed to Objective-C programming language, in order to make better use of the iPhone 5 hardware.

Click here to download the free app: App Store - Facebook

Source: <em>Finally</em>, Facebook Speeds Up Its iOS App - Mike Isaac - Social - AllThingsD

Wowsers, it's much faster and easier to use now.

Much better! FB was the laughing stock for main street apps! Got so bad I deleted and used my browser to surf FB! Thanks guys! Much improved!

Yes, about time! The only thing I wish they would ad now is a share button. The desktop version offers this, why not iOS?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My wife switched from her android the day the update was released. Her first words were "Facebook is really fast on the iPhone! I should have switched when you did."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is way better, cleaner and faster. But still no "share" button like on the web version? When is that coming?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

No share button, edit option disappeared and you cannot delete a post unless you go into your profile...
Still cannot copy and paste
Big improvement but these niggles need to be addressed