What's new

Facebook Login Problem

JandN2639

Reaction score
This evening, when trying to send a message via Messenger, I got the popup below.
When I enter the SMS code, I go back to the login screen.
How can I get back to my account? Help please!
IMG_2919.JPG

It looks like Facebook Messenger has problems with logging in, connecting to the server, and receiving messages in parts of Europe and the USA. If you’re one of those affected, all you can do is wait.

In the meantime, try force closing the app, restarting your iPhone, and removing and reinstalling the app. If it doesn’t help, it won’t hurt.

It looks like Facebook Messenger has problems with logging in, connecting to the server, and receiving messages in parts of Europe and the USA. If you’re one of those affected, all you can do is wait.

In the meantime, try force closing the app, restarting your iPhone, and removing and reinstalling the app. If it doesn’t help, it won’t hurt.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to log in on either Facebook or Messenger, and the “Send Code Again” link is greyed out.

Is there a way to contact Facebook Support when one can’t log in?

This is Facebook’s advice:

If you're experiencing an issue with the Messenger app, first update to the newest version of the Messenger app. To update, go to your phone's app section (ex: Google Play Store, iTunes App Store) and download any updates.

If you're still seeing the problem after updating, you can report it. To report a problem:

1. From
    assets
    Home, tap your profile picture in the top left corner
  2. Scroll down and tap Report a Problem
  3. Select the type of problem you're seeing
  4. If you're reporting something that's not working, describe the problem in the text box, including the steps you took to encounter the issue
  5. Tap Send

Hope that helps.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it. That means it’s the latest version, right?

I. Can’t. Log. In! And Messenger says I have to confirm my ID with Facebook first! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I. Can’t. Log. In! And Messenger says I have to confirm my ID with Facebook first! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I got an email from Facebook with a login button. It then asked for a new password and returned to the SMS message screen. Since yesterday, although Facebook has my number, I’m not receiving any texts.

Did you try logging in via browser, or do you use the apps?

I tried with a browser after the first few attempts. Because I’m not receiving texts, I can’t do anything.
Is there a way to contact Facebook Support if one can’t log in? I haven’t found one.

There’s no way to contact them directly. Use the Help Center Help Center to report the problem with your account.

This might help as well:
Help Center

That also requires login.

I can’t figure out why a company makes Support impossible to reach without login for login problems.

I tried “Can’t Log In,” then Troubleshooting. It gave me an obscured set of characters, which I typed in. I got an email with a code, which I entered. Upon entering the “new” password, it again asks to text me a code.
Why? How do I get out of this infinite loop and access my account?!