What's new

Facebook help

Vett

Reaction score
Dose anybody know how to remove the messenger from my Facebook on my iPad and iPhone I uninstalled it but still get notifications and I know it’s all spam from people I don’t know but using friends names.

When the Messenger has been deleted, you shouldn’t get notifications from it any more. Is the Facebook app still installed on your iPhone? If so, are notifications enabled for it?

I have uninstalled the app. But still get notifications.

Go to Settings - Notifications, and turn them off for the app (Messenger and Facebook), if you still find them there.
If they are not there any more, force start your devices (reboot them).

All I see is Facebook if I shut that off I won’t get other notifications

That’s how it’s supposed to work.

Which iOS is installed on your iPad and iPhone?

Take a look at your settings in the Facebook app itself. Maybe you have to turn something off there as well.
In the app, tap More at the bottom, scroll to Settings, tap Settings, select Account Settings. Take a look at Notifications there, as well as Text Messaging.

Thanks but I tried that there are no settings for messenger

In messenger tap on your picture top left you will find various options including notifications. I am new to Facebook and messenger it me a while to find it. I guess if that doesn’t help maybe you could block everyone, bit of a pain if you have lots of ex-friends

Delete those spoof accounts in the Messenger Thread list. Long press on the one to delete. Then push up on it, and the option to delete is there.