What's new

Facebook Cannot be downloaded at this time :(

iPhoneFreak

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am experiencing an issue while trying to install a Facebook update that was available on my iPhone 4 iOS6.

In the morning when I tried updating the app as a result of the notification in the AppStore, it went in the wait / installing mode and has been there since then. I’ve Goggled and have tried all the solutions here Waiting iPhone apps - how to install, update, reinstall | iPod iPhone waiting app problem | iPad waiting app | alvinalexander.com. I also deleted the app to try and reinstall it but to no avail, it is the same result. However, I am able to download a new apps from the AppStore. To cite an example, I could easily download and install FB Messenger.

Could someone please advise what I should do to get it back. It is really annoying me…

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
iPhoneFreak

PS: I realized I have posted this erroneously in iPhone4S instead of iPhone4. Is it okay, or should this need to be reposted in iPhone4 or can someone move it. Sorry about that...

Last edited:
Same here on ipad

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I got that too. I switched to auto app update, but that didn't help. It did remove the badge, but still will not update. I'm glad it's not a problem with only my phone. Here's the pop up I get.

$image-2945103205.jpg

This is what I see when trying to update the Facebook app on my iPad.

$image-3980281100.jpg

It won't load for me either. But, it's not a major update..just some bug fixes. Obviously! Just leave it and try again later.

Well, buggers...not only will the update not download.. the app won't load. Oh well, I need a break from FB for a while anyway!

Last edited:
Click on circle it will go back to update and all will be well in facebookland

$image-636760322.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

If your Facebook app is stuck "Waiting...", delete the app, then download back from purchased list. That worked for me. It's not the new updated version, but it works.

Hello Everyone!

After some more Google search and reading the forums/post...I found the fix. Here's it:

Delete the app from setting > usage, also delete the icon in the menu, connect your phone to the pc, enter the app id in itunes and delete the facebook in itunes aswell, then reinstall from the beginning, it comes with the previous version and works completely ok, and don't forget NOT to update for now!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

PhoneFreak

Not sure if it's a caching issue or something. With the erratic change in how the app is coded, I'm not surprised if it's the result of one of the updates backfiring

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Rumor is that they were having a problem with the update crashing so they pulled it causing some of us to be stuck in limbo

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Mine worked first time this morning. It would not download at all yesterday.