What's new

Extended Battery (not extended battery case)

hollywood90

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any suggested extended life batteries to replace in an iPhone 4S with. I am wanting to extend my battery life on my iPhone, but am not sure of any trustworthy places to get one. Thank you!

Oh, and a side note, anyone know of a reliable location to get a replacement power button/power button cable? Mine is stuck in the iPhone. My iPhone is well taken care of and still in mint condition. Never been dropped. I think it's just a mechanical failure.

It's not recommended to play with the "high cap" internal battery replacements, since there are chances that it's not made as well as the OEM or trusted batteries. You can buy them online or go to a mobile shop and have them change it. Local J&Rs I know replace them with OEM batteries. Or you can ship it back to Apple (does take about 2-3 weeks to get it back in your hands).

It's not recommended to play with the "high cap" internal battery replacements, since there are chances that it's not made as well as the OEM or trusted batteries. You can buy them online or go to a mobile shop and have them change it. Local J&Rs I know replace them with OEM batteries. Or you can ship it back to Apple (does take about 2-3 weeks to get it back in your hands).

My battery life is great. I'm just wanting to be able to go maybe a few hours longer without needing to connect it to a charger. :)

Then it'll have to be an external battery pack or a battery case.

Then it'll have to be an external battery pack or a battery case.

Alrighty, I can manage with that.

In regards to power button/assembly replacements, by chance know of any distributors to purchase from?

You would probably have to buy it online and do it yourself. There really isn't a distributor for iPhone parts really, most of them are generic and such. You might be able to find a phone repair shop that can do it for you.

willerz2 said:
You would probably have to buy it online and do it yourself. There really isn't a distributor for iPhone parts really, most of them are generic and such. You might be able to find a phone repair shop that can do it for you.

I just called my local Apple Retail Store. Because I'm still in warranty, and they have an in-house repair technician there, they can repair it for free as long as there's no accidental damage. My phone is in mint condition. :)

It'll still be an OEM battery, so no change in capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Oh, and a side note, anyone know of a reliable location to get a replacement power button/power button cable? Mine is stuck in the iPhone. My iPhone is well taken care of and still in mint condition. Never been dropped. I think it's just a mechanical failure.
We like to recommend that users replace their iDevice parts only w/ guaranteed OEM replacement parts.
Here's the physical button... iPhone 4 and 4S Power and Lock Button - iFixit
Here's the ribbon cable... iPhone 4S Power and Sensor Cable (921-0216-02, 821-1467-A) - iFixit It's a bit pricey @ $35. However, there's several key components attached to the power ribbon.

It'll still be an OEM battery, so no change in capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I was referring to my power button. Lol. I am aware that the Apple Retail Store will only replace anything dealing with a device with strictly OEM.

For extended battery life i suggest getting one of those power banks, there are a ton of them on sale on Christmas, most common names were new trent, anker, and ravpower. As others have mentioned messing with higher capacities isn't recommended.
As for your power button definitely go back to apple, and make them do the work, you paid so much for the device as is.

I currently have a Brunton Portable Power Pack that I received for my birthday a couple of days ago.

So far, I am pleased with it. While the reviews online swears that I can get 2.5 charges to my iPhone before I have to recharge the pack...I am getting only 2 charges. However, even with that...I really do like the use of it. Will work great when we go on vacation, etc.

Well, I mean, I work for Apple. I understand that the buttons fail sometimes, as nothing mass produced can be guaranteed to last a lifetime on every single device produced. I'm just surprised that I ended up getting one that failed. I got my iPhone swapped out, so that's resolved in terms of the power button.

In terms of hardware modifications, I love making my iPhone truly mine, and was just curious if there is a trusted extended internal battery supplier that I can purchase from. If other users do not have much luck with it, I don't mind getting an extended battery case such as the Mophie battery case. No biggie! :)

Well, I mean, I work for Apple. I understand that the buttons fail sometimes, as nothing mass produced can be guaranteed to last a lifetime on every single device produced. I'm just surprised that I ended up getting one that failed. I got my iPhone swapped out, so that's resolved in terms of the power button.

In terms of hardware modifications, I love making my iPhone truly mine, and was just curious if there is a trusted extended internal battery supplier that I can purchase from. If other users do not have much luck with it, I don't mind getting an extended battery case such as the Mophie battery case. No biggie! :)

Just wondering, which option did you end up choosing?