What's new

Exchanging my iPhone 6

gibbo

Reaction score
So currently I have a iPhone 6, but I've decided to exchange it for a 6 plus which comes next Friday. With this being the plus sub forum, I wanted to ask you guys Have I made a good choice?. I felt the 6 wasn't much of a upgrade compared with a 5s.

Cheers, Gibbo

It sounds as though you're still not sure you're making the right choice, Only you can know if its the right phone for your needs.
Personally I do think the 4.7 was a nice upgrade, They are both very nice phones.

I agree iPhone 6 not a big change from 5S. You made the right choice of going with
6 plus. I am also going for 6 plus from 5S.

I say upgrade to a 6 plus. My girl got the 6 and every time I hold it it never feels different than the 5s.

Looking at it objectively, I think the 6+ is a better version than the 6. Be careful though not to bend it. Kidding.

Is it true that it could bend over time while in the pockets? I wear skinny jeans all the time!

Is it true that it could bend over time while in the pockets? I wear skinny jeans all the time!
Yes, it's possible slightly, but this has been possible on the 5 & 5S too, maybe a little easier but a case should help

Yes, bending is an issue with the 6 Plus. Not as much, however, with the 6. Both have an aluminum frame... put that in your pocket and sit on it... chances are it's going to bend!

Also, I'm finding it difficult to see where some don't think the iPhone 6 is that much of an upgrade from the 5S... really?

Also, I'm finding it difficult to see where some don't think the iPhone 6 is that much of an upgrade from the 5S... really?
I agree, How can it not be? It's bigger and better.

Yes, bending is an issue with the 6 Plus. Not as much, however, with the 6. Both have an aluminum frame... put that in your pocket and sit on it... chances are it's going to bend!

I think it just because I'm used to big phones, I've had 5.5inch phones b4. Going back to a 4.7 seems small to me, and I honestly don't see it much bigger than the 5s.

I'm glad Ive exchanged it for a 6 plus, Friday just can't come quick enough! :)

You're getting your phone replaced while some of us are still waiting for our phones.

Actually, it has been shown that the 6 bends at least force than the 6+, but unless you are putting a really tight squeeze on the phone it is not much of an issue.

Frankly, going from a 6 to a 6+ just gets you a larger device, not more of an upgrade. The reason to get the 6+ is the greater battery life. A lot of the apps on the 6+ just seem stretched, not better. It could be that developers will use the extra screen real estate differently after some time, but right now mostly what you see is just larger stuff on the screen.

Personally, if I had a 5S I would not upgrade. I'd wait until the 6S or 7. There you will notice more of a impact for your money. I'm coming from a 4S, so getting the 6+ is a big noticeable upgrade to me. And all of the features of iOS8 are on board, plus the buttery smooth TouchID, and NFC-based payments with Apple Pay. If you upgrade every year, then you are not going to see a whole out of stuff that makes it feel worth the upgrade. And the size of the 6+ is not optimal if you use the device as a phone most of the time. I consider my 6+ as a go-everywhere-with-me computer 1st, and a phone second. For me, the bigger screen gives me more options to read stuff....I still find I will use my mini for giving takes and stuff, but now I can use my phone more for reviewing notes, reading manuals, PDF, etc. I don't need to always grab the iPad for that stuff. The 4S was totally useless for reading, IMO.

In the end, only you can decide what feels like a good upgrade for you. But other than battery life and a larger screen, you aren't gaining much by moving from a 6 to a 6+.