What's new

Everything freezes

RuleZ.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After I installed "SMS+" yesterday my iPhone has been acting weird. It wont open/load Cydia/iFile - neither my messages, pretty much anything. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it was after I installed SMS+ - so this might be the problem? My iPhone is a 4s with 32gb memory.

I really don't want to restore it to factory settings again (yeah something similar to this happened once, just worse).

So basically my questions/what I need advice on is:
  • Do I need to restore it to factory settings?
    • Yes:
      • Is there any way to take backup of everything including jailbreak tweaks, when I cannot open anything on my iPhone?
    • No:
      • Does anyone have the path SMS+ is in (I'm trying to delete the files manually by plugging in my iPhone to the computer using iExplorer).
      • What can I do?

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping! :)

Cant you reset the phone (holding down home and power for 7 seconds), then when you see the Apple logo hold down VOLUME UP whilst it boots (which will put you into full Safe Mode) then use Cydia to remove SMS+ ?

Cydia should always start up if you are in full Safe Mode...

What f4780y said. Avoid removing any tweaks or apps via SSH/FTP because it can cause problems to your device since chances are your device will reject that removal and continue to boot it in loop.