What's new

Evasi0n doesnt work because of firmware dependancy?

afb1302

Reaction score
I ran through the steps outlined in the youtube vieo
"How To Jailbreak & Hacktivate 6.1 iPhone 4/3Gs Untethered!"

I used redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and IOS version 6.0 for my iphone 3gs.

everything worked great until the very end when I went to run the evasi0n untether app. Its says it could not run the program because of a dependancy and the dependancy it was referring to was ios.6.1.2

So whats the deal with that. I cant find any info on google. Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's happening for some and not others. Here's the debian package for Evasi0n Untether 0.4-1. Connect your device and run iFunBox. Click on iFunBox Classic, and expand the tree. Go down to Cydia App Install, drag and drop the deb in there, then restart your device. You may have to Just Boot once again. I've done it on several occasions, 2 out of 3, I had to Boot Tethered, but after booting tethered, it installed the package and became untethered in the process.

ok. thx. but where do i go inside of Cydia to install the Deb package? Am I just supposed to run the evasi0n untether program or is there somewhere else I should be loading the deb package specifically?

I did the just boot but I didn't see it make any changes. How will I know if its untethered?

You drag and drop it into "Cydia Auto Install" in iFunBox. Restart your device and it'll install. If you're asked to boot tethered, boot tethered. You'll know it's untethered if you can reboot your device without using any jailbreak utilities to boot tethered.

So after all this I should be able to put in any SIM and it will work right?

I tried a t-mobile and a ATT sim and got 'no service'.

I tried to reset network settings which is what I saw somebody else had posted but that didn't work.

hmm. Connected in Itunes it shows Im running iOS 6.1.3 but redsn0w had me use 6.0.

You never stated that your device was on 6.1.3. The package will not work on 6.1.3. And jailbreaking does not equate to unlocking. You cannot use UltraSn0w to unlock the new bootrom 3GS on 6.1.3.

Uninstall the Evasi0n package. There's only a tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 on the iPhone 3GS and 4 at this point.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

This just got more confusing than it already was. So I know its an iphone 3gs and now we now its running on 6.1.3. So this guy I'm helping out just wants it to work with his t-mobile sim. Is that the unlocking or the jailbreaking?

Thanks for the help btw.

oh boy. Willerz can you help me out if I just start over? Should I still use redsn0w? Whtas the procedure I'm so lost lol.

To jailbreak, follow ETAP's instruction using either RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 1, 2, or 3, starting with 3 and working backwards. After a successful jailbreak, Just Boot and you're done with a tethered jailbreak. You must use the 6.0 IPSW since RedSn0w is not updated for 6.1, 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 direct support.

If you're on Windows, you can also use Sn0wBreeze.

Unlocking the 3GS on 6.1.3 depends on your bootrom, whether new or old. Old bootrom 3GS's can be unlocked using UltraSn0w. New bootrom 3GS's cannot. If your model number begins with MB, it's an old bootrom, MC if it's a new bootrom. If you have a new bootrom 3GS, and you have full blobs + APTickets for 6.1.2 or below, you can downgrade to them and still take advantage of Evasi0n (assuming your blobs are for iOS 6 but not 6.1.3).

" MC if it's a new bootrom. If you have a new bootrom 3GS, and you have full blobs + APTickets for 6.1.2 or below, you can downgrade to them and still take advantage of Evasi0n (assuming your blobs are for iOS 6 but not 6.1.3)."

OK so my model number is MC137LL/A. So it's a new bootrom cool. Maybe that will make things easier. Whtas a blob and how do i find out what iOS its for?