What's new

Estimated battery life

chuz696

Reaction score
Hello people, im new in this forum and also in the iphone world, i got a 3gs from a friend, but the life of battery is likea shortly. I investigate about that and didnt find something useful. So i track the usage of it and i get 6 hours of full usage before ran out. So my question is: Is 6 hour the estimated usage of the iphone 3gs or i have to change the battery?? Thanks for taking your time

Welcome to iPhoneForums.

The battery capacity reflects the amount of full charge cycles of the battery. The more cycles charged, the lesser the capacity. Since the 3GS is a relatively old device, if your friend bought the device about 4 years ago, and was using it for 2 years and more, then the 6 hour usage time is about average for a device of that age and abuse

Sent from my iPad Mini

Thanks for the answer, but i think mu friend bought the iphone lime 2 years ago, cuz here in costa rica are some plan with the phone so 2 years ago the 3gs was the low cost plan. But thanks a lot for the answer. Im hoong to buy a battery case from amazon

There aren't any outstanding battery cases for the 3GS if any. The form factor of the 3GS does not entirely allow for a convenient or modest shaped battery case. You're probably better off getting an external battery pack like the RavPower 10k mAh. It holds more charge than a battery case. Or, if there's a local reputable repair shop in your area, see if they'll change the battery for you if you were to buy a new OEM battery off the web.

CasePower A3 - Protective Case and Extended Battery for iPhone 3G/3GS with Screen Protector - Black http://amzn.com/B006J9GRWQ
I aaw this battery case and is for the 3g/gs so i gonna buy it