What's new

Error: "Invalid number" when sending text to landline

myrrh

Reaction score
I am trying to send a text to a landline using my 4S. When I enter the ten-digit number, enter my message, and send, I get a return message that reads:

"19735551234 Error Invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."

What am I doing wrong? I read where I could dial a landline and the text message would be delivered as text-to-speech.

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Unfortunately sending a standard text message to a landline phone will always kick back an error. I'm not certain how it can be accomplished... but it pretty sure it would require some additional hardware on the landline end.

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to send a text to a landline using my 4S. When I enter the ten-digit number, enter my message, and send, I get a return message that reads:

"19735551234 Error Invalid number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code."

What am I doing wrong? I read where I could dial a landline and the text message would be delivered as text-to-speech.

That is a service for individuals that are blind. Sadly college kids started abusing it 6 years ago and the restrictions have gotten tighter when it started affecting the people that really need it.

xrayeyes

Reaction score
If you are entering the "1" you are entering a total of 11 digits...

I get a text to my land line from my cousin's cell, and she uses Sprint. She's done it several times (by mistake I think) and it works fine. However, I did it by mistake to someone the other day and got a message that there would be a $.25 charge to sent the text to a land line. I have Verizon

OP
M

myrrh

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments.

If you are entering the "1" you are entering a total of 11 digits...

That is true, but I am entering ten digits as my post says.

In composing my post, I forgot to do what I had intended, which is ask the question explicitly:

Is there a way to make the phone transmit without it automatically placing a "1" before the ten-digit number I enter (if it is, in fact, doing so)?

xrayeyes

Reaction score
So they monetized it??? How sad.

Yeah, this is the message I got:

"xxx-xxx-xxxx is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as voice messages for 0.25/msg.+ std msg fee. Details @ vtext.com, TexttoLandline"

xrayeyes

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments.

That is true, but I am entering ten digits as my post says.

In composing my post, I forgot to do what I had intended, which is ask the question explicitly:

Is there a way to make the phone transmit without it automatically placing a "1" before the ten-digit number I enter (if it is, in fact, doing so)?

I tested my phone and it didn't put the "1" in front. It may be a carrier issue with your phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts