What's new

Equaliser Problem

bakerp

Reaction score
I have hearing impairment that means I hear sounds, and especially speech, muffled and boomy - as if there is too much bass and no treble. This means that I cannot understand what people are saying when they phone me, nor can I listen to the radio or other speech media on my phone. I do not listen to music on my phone. I definitely do NOT want bass boost and I do not need increased volume. I want a simple equaliser that enables me to cut out the bass and boost the treble, for all sound that comes from my iphone into my earphones. All of the many equalisers that I have seen in the App Store are music players that just play music you have stored on your phone (I don't have any). They do not change the quality of the speech in received phone calls or on live radio etc. I have such an equaliser on my PC but I can't find one for my iPhone. Any suggestions will be very welcome

You did start first with the Equalizer that is part of the iPhone. It is located in Settings>Music>Playback>EQ>click on that and test,out the settings. If that doesn’t work there are a few settings under General>Accessability>Hearing. I hope you find something that will aid you.

You did start first with the Equalizer that is part of the iPhone. It is located in Settings>Music>Playback>EQ>click on that and test,out the settings. If that doesn’t work there are a few settings under General>Accessability>Hearing. I hope you find something that will aid you.
Thanks for the suggestion - but there is no 'Music' setting on my iPhone - it doesn't exist. I have tried the 'Hearing Aid Mode' under the 'Accessibility' category, but it makes no difference at all. It does say that the Hearing Aid Mode improves audio quality with SOME hearing aids. Not with mine, it seems.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Music is a built in app, it’s settings should be here in your settings, if you haven’t removed the app:
B3D88B00-1A33-410F-9947-61641648D729.jpeg

and there, you’ll find Playback and EQ:
07245B0A-9FA1-48A1-A48B-01E757803F85.jpeg

Yes, I know. I was pointing out that this could be the reason why the Music setting isn’t there on your iPhone.

I found this online, it might be helpful.
How to Get Your Music App Back If It’s Disappeared
  • Open the App Store and tap the Search tab at the bottom of the screen.
  • Search for Music. Find the Music app by Apple and tap the download button that looks like a cloud with a downward arrow.
  • It will download in an instant since it was never truly deleted.
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG

• Tap Open to open your re-installed Music app.
Your missing music app has now been found!

From there, you might need a restart to see the EQ settings but it should be there.