What's new

Emoji and mic won’t open up

Searider

Reaction score
E6261C81-5A13-4BFA-9790-92DADA7B0377.png
1905EAC8-1021-452B-9CAF-2056DA595008.png
Hi, After setting up my XR I’ve realised that I can’t access the emoji icon or the mic that’s below the keyboard. Can anyone help me with this.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I haven‘t seen something like this before. Even when I set my display to Zoom, those two buttons align correctly.

Try restarting your iPhone - turn it off and on again. In most cases, it will help with minor glitches.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I haven‘t seen something like this before. Even when I set my display to Zoom, those two buttons align correctly.

Try restarting your iPhone - turn it off and on again. In most cases, it will help with minor glitches.
Hi, thanks for your reply. ive tried turning the phone on and off, there is no difference . still the same.
The emoji icon should be in the middle of the button above, so directly below the "B".

Hi, thanks for your reply. ive tried turning the phone on and off, there is no difference . still the same.
The emoji icon should be in the middle of the button above, so directly below the "B".
Restarting the iPhone is not the same as turning it off and on. They are advising you that you need to have it reboot.

I’ve done a reboot now and it’s still the same.

Hi, it’s the same on text message, WhatsApp, messenger and email.

Try Reset All Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone > Tap Reset at the bottom > Tap Reset All Settings at the top.
This will reset everything in Settings as well as alarms, Reminders, Keyboard, and Wallpaper.
If this doesn't work, you'll need to do Erase All Content and Settings, then set up as new, not from a back up.
I don't see any other way.

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.
Will I lose my texts , reminders, photos…. If I do a reset like that?
Try Reset All Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone > Tap Reset at the bottom > Tap Reset All Settings at the top.
This will reset everything in Settings as well as alarms, Reminders, Keyboard, and Wallpaper.
If this doesn't work, you'll need to do Erase All Content and Settings, then set up as new, not from a back up.
I don't see any other way.

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.
Will I lose my texts , reminders, photos…. If I do a reset like that?

Maybe Reminders have to be set again. This is a settings reset. Won't affect photos or texts. You'll have to reset everything in the settings app. Put your wallpaper back on. Sign back in to your wifi afterwards, set notifications back, location services, etc. It's a little work. But, it does fix a lot of issues. It's not the same as a factory reset.

I’ve done a reboot now and it’s still the same.
Before resetting all the Settings or restoring completely, you could try a hard reset. It is quite simple and you won’t lose anything. Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

I’ve just
Before resetting all the Settings or restoring completely, you could try a hard reset. It is quite simple and you won’t lose anything. Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the butt
Before resetting all the Settings or restoring completely, you could try a hard reset. It is quite simple and you won’t lose anything. Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
I’ve just tried doing a hard reset again and it’s made no difference.
Going to do a full reset when I get the time.

Maybe Reminders have to be set again. This is a settings reset. Won't affect photos or texts. You'll have to reset everything in the settings app. Put your wallpaper back on. Sign back in to your wifi afterwards, set notifications back, location services, etc. It's a little work. But, it does fix a lot of issues. It's not the same as a factory reset.
Ok I’ll try doing that shortly. Thanks