What's new

Dynamic Wallpapers

Layne

Reaction score
Finally switched out my Droid for the Verizon iPhone today. :)

The one thing I really miss is the dynamic live grass wallpaper that was available for Droids. The one I used even changed from day to twilight to night, depending on the time. I *loved* it, and miss it.

Does anyone know of any similar wallpaper apps that work with the iPhone? Would really appreciate hearing back!

hello and welcome to the forum! video wallpapers or animated ones are not officially allowed on the iphone, they wont work and you would have to jailbreak to get either and use an app called winterboard that allows you to have video/animated wallpaper and even an animated boot logo, i have the matrix code as my boot logo :D even though i never turn my iphone off lol

if you dont know about jailbreaking and intend to do so let me know so i can show you how to.. if not then wait and hope apple officially add it :) maybe they will add animated in ios 5

Thanks for the welcome! I'd be willing to consider jailbreaking ... although I do have some concern that I might compromise how my phone performs. (It's just so new! And I'm so loving it ...)

I'm very surprised that no animated/video wallpapers are allowed with the iPhone. What's up with that?! Battery drain? Why the heck *not*?

Thanks for the welcome! I'd be willing to consider jailbreaking ... although I do have some concern that I might compromise how my phone performs. (It's just so new! And I'm so loving it ...)

I'm very surprised that no animated/video wallpapers are allowed with the iPhone. What's up with that?! Battery drain? Why the heck *not*?

thats something you can only do by jailbreaking and using an app called winterboard.. but it really does drain the batter, especially with a video wallpaper.. i have a video wallpaper and with medium usage it lasts like 3-4 hours if i am lucky lol