What's new

Duplicate & Trebled Calendar Appointments

dwhitney83

Reaction score
Hello everyone im new to this so don't be mad if i seem stupid. I've looked around but can't find an answer to this, so here goes.
I have an IP4 and an original ipad, i updated to IOS5 yesterday and everything seems great, apart from on my calendars every appointment is duplicated and sometimes has 3 of the same entry.
I've tried syncing it and unticking various boxes etc and the least i've got it down to is 2 entries each.
I'm a personal trainer and use my calendar daily and it's going to frustrate me unless i can fix it. I am using windows.

Hope someone can help.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
I have iCloud set up and it's on outlook. Everything is on once on my comp on outlook but I'm not sure which calendars to tick on iPhone iPad or on info when I sync.
Really frustrating

I have the same problem with dups. Do you want both Mobile Me and iCloud enabled ?
Thanks !

I basically want each of my appointments on my calendar just once, if I put a new appointment in my iPad I want it to go to my iPhone over iCloud and vice versa... Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

I basically want each of my appointments on my calendar just once, if I put a new appointment in my iPad I want it to go to my iPhone over iCloud and vice versa... Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

i have ran into the same problem. if you sync with your computer on iTunes, and your calender is enabled, it will duplicate everything on your computer calender in conjunction with your icloud.

i actually find iCloud very useful, and the syncs over wireless are snap fast, and i only sync events with icloud. simply delete your computer calenders (in itunes, or uncheck calenders), and only allow icloud sync on your iphone. dont worry, nothing will be deleted, and re-sync. you should be good to go.

hope this helped!

thanks ectopudding... just about to giv it a go now, hope it works. On my ipad and iphone though when i click on calendars theres different colours for home, work, ipad, clendars etc, dont know which ones to tick or untick and will this matter with what u told me. Will let you know if it works.
Thanks again

it didnt work :-( sorry to be a ball ache. Some of my entries are actually duplicated 15 times?? I connected my iphone and ipad to itunes and unchecked the 'sync calendars with outlook' box then synced again but nothing happened.

I know i sound boring and stupid but could u run me through it step by step? Thanks

it didnt work :-( sorry to be a ball ache. Some of my entries are actually duplicated 15 times?? I connected my iphone and ipad to itunes and unchecked the 'sync calendars with outlook' box then synced again but nothing happened.

I know i sound boring and stupid but could u run me through it step by step? Thanks

Let me see. I will do my best.

So from the sounds of it, you have maybe many emails, maybe 3 with events in them right?

How many of them are linked to sync OTA? And when you tap iCal > Calendars; what all is available, and checked?

For example, this is what my iCal on my iPhone looks like. (iCal > Calendars)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318946762.181377.jpg

Cuz the problem I had, everything was duplicated on my iphone because I had events in my Calendar on my computer, and linked with my gmail, so whenever I entered an event, it automatically synced with my gmail, or visa versa, so that right there is 2 Calendars; (1. on my Mac, and 2. gmail account)

Since I only use iCloud now, I deleted my old accounts from my calendar, cuz everything duplicates if anything is checked in my calendar.

I also went to my iCloud, and everything on there was duplicated cuz it copies everything in your iPhone to the cloud.

When u plug your iPhone in, it brings up your device in iTunes and you can manage the content on it. If you go to the Info tab, under iCal, you can choose to sync it to your device by checking it, or uncheck it to no sync the calendar 'on you computer'.

Then, in that same tab, there is a section called "advanced: replace information on this iPhone"
-contacts
-calendar
-mail accounts
-notes

I have nothing checked because it syncs OTA.

My best suggestion, since I don't have your devices here with me to figure it out, is to first remove calendars from your computer first, and try to start over with a clean slate, and one at a time, add a new calendar to see which one is the copier calendar.

Sorry I can't help much more than this, dwhitney83 :-(

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462253,-111.990628
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. I use Outlook XP for my calendar, contacts and email. IOS5 duplicated all of my calendar and contact entries. I went into itunes and unchecked synch calendars and contacts with outlook. It did not remove the duplicates. Now it won't synch ANYTHING where before it would synch, but with duplicates. It also erased all the contacts photos. I have tried all of the suggestions and still cannot figure this out. Help, I need to synch without duplicates and get my photos back. Thank you very much.

ectopudding i think (hopefully) i have sorted it. My calendar screen looks exactly the same as yours on the pic. What i've done is delete the calendars from PC and just checked the icloud calendars on my phone and ipad. I manually deleted all the duplicated entries last night so now i just sync ove the icloud and up to now it has worked. I've set up the sync devices over wifi and unchecked the sync contacts,calendars box on itunes. Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated.

Maryco it was very annoying but i think i've managed to do it, it takes a bit of niggling around. See if what ectopudding has written helps you.

ectopudding i think (hopefully) i have sorted it. My calendar screen looks exactly the same as yours on the pic. What i've done is delete the calendars from PC and just checked the icloud calendars on my phone and ipad. I manually deleted all the duplicated entries last night so now i just sync ove the icloud and up to now it has worked. I've set up the sync devices over wifi and unchecked the sync contacts,calendars box on itunes. Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated.

Maryco it was very annoying but i think i've managed to do it, it takes a bit of niggling around. See if what ectopudding has written helps you.

I am glad to see I am not alone. I have the same issue with duplicates now on my iphone4 and ipad2. I have deleted hundreds of duplicates today on the ipad which seems to have deleted on the iphone. Should I stop that and just uncheck calendar and contacts on itunes and re-synch? Will that then get rid of the duplicates?

I sure hope this cloud is worth the aggravation.

Well, dwhitney83, I am very happy to have helped. I aim to please! :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462251,-111.990765
Sent from my  iPhone 4 via Tapatalk

I also had an issue where a calendar entry on my iphone, synched via cloud to my ipad but is not synching to Outlook. Any thoughts to why not and how to fix?

Thanks

i need some help.i have an iphone 4 running ios5 that has duplicate calendar entries when i swipe down the notifications screen.i believe it is cause i have a gmail calender setup through exchange.i use the exchange calendar so that i can invite peeps to my events if need be.how do i get the notifications to show just one entry? should i turn off one of the calendars?(this says it will remove all the calendars for that particular account,whether it be gmail or exchange.i do not use the native calendar app. so i have that unchecked.also i do not use icloud.i do have find my iphone enabled through mobile me account which icloud took the place of to my knowledge.im confused and just want a single entry for my calendar events.i appreciate any help given.