What's new

Droped service

rarebreed

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was about to head into work so I turned off the wifi to help preserve batt. Life and closed out all my apps
Then come back out bout 4 hrs later and unlock the screen .. No service whatsoever so I turn the wifi back on though it shouldn't matter because I stick to 3G there and still no connection. So I turn it off and reboot it and success ! Think this was just a bug or something with the wifi being off ? Thanks in advance

^ bump I was just wondering if anyone thought this may be a common problem or a fluke

Yeah i also use to have this kind of issue with my iPhones once in a while. But i can't explain what causing it. But in my case, i have to reboot the iPhone so the wifi can work again.

Yeah I had to reboot also. Yesterday it happened agian but this time with the message "SIM failure". Do a reboot and it works but since then (yesterday) I read up on the sim error seems to be pretty common. Also, none of this happened until I had turned wifi off? So I may take it back to Verizon or wait out today to see if the error occurs agian with wifi on

The only problem I've had was I lost my 3G service after turning off wi-fi. I just reset my data/network settings and it came back. Haven't lost all service though. Maybe try resetting your network settings next time and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only problem I've had was I lost my 3G service after turning off wi-fi. I just reset my data/network settings and it came back. Haven't lost all service though. Maybe try resetting your network settings next time and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. I did a hard reset, and turned the wifi back on, and it hasnt happened since so hopefully that was it? I took it to verizon and a tech litterally threw his hands up and said "ever been to an apple store?" So, lol ill probably call the genius bar that i have an appt with and ask if i should come in anymore or not. Thanks though, i was thinking i couldnt have been the only one!