What's new

Dragon dictation

Khadijah

Reaction score
Hi, please can anyone explain why and how the software for dragon dictation use your wifi connection and is it safe?
Many thanks

I've used Dragon Dictation over 3G and wi-fi, and whatever.... and it's great. Absolutely safe on an iPhone! Really. However, do you have a specific question? Note that DD is a very highly rated product and wouldn't be so it there were problems with it.

Thank you for your reply, my question is, is it safe to let them use your wifi connection, it mentions it in their t&c that they will use it?

Khadijah said:
Thank you for your reply, my question is, is it safe to let them use your wifi connection, it mentions it in their t&c that they will use it?

Yes is safe

As iCrank wrote, it IS safe! The wi-fi is used to transmit your (temporary) voice recording to the DD Internet servers where they analyze and "form" your spoken words into the text which they transmit back to your screen. The program only uses your wi-fi for this speech-to-text conversion process, and no other. Been there, done that!