What's new

Downloading Ringtones

Wesman

Reaction score
This couldn't be anymore complecated. I've downloaded three different ringtone apps and one of them had the tones I wanted but the app it self didn't work properly so at the suggestion of a friend I deleted the app. I downloaded two other apps that were basically usless.

I'm trying to get the Marines Hymm, a Nuclar alert, and one other app. So far it's been a week wih this iPhone and I'm not impressed. How do you navagate through this red tape of either not finding a good app or getting a prompt that "Apple doesn't let you download ringtones" WTH. Help.

This couldn't be anymore complecated. I've downloaded three different ringtone apps and one of them had the tones I wanted but the app it self didn't work properly so at the suggestion of a friend I deleted the app. I downloaded two other apps that were basically usless.

I'm trying to get the Marines Hymm, a Nuclar alert, and one other app. So far it's been a week wih this iPhone and I'm not impressed. How do you navagate through this red tape of either not finding a good app or getting a prompt that "Apple doesn't let you download ringtones" WTH. Help.

Not sure if this will help, but it is what I did and once done, although it takes several steps it does work:

1. under apps on your device hooked up to itunes go to apps and make sure that sync apps is checked.
2. Down at the bottom of the page you should see your ringtone program and the ringtone on the right that you created.
3. Click on the ringtone on the right and look down below you should see "save to"
4. Click there and select the folder that you created on your desktop
5. once saved go to the folder on your desktop and double click the ringtone that you just saved
6. that should add it to your itunes in the top part under tones.
7. in itunes go to that directory and drag it down to tones on your device
8. sync and hopefully that should put it on your phone.

Hope this does it,
HiddenPuppy

Easiest way:

Go to Free Ringtones for iPhone & Mobile. Free Ringtone Maker - Audiko

Upload whatever mp3 you want to make into a ringtone.
Once its uploaded, you can see the graph of the mp3 and choose the exact time you want the ringtone to start and end (40 secs max)
Then the program cuts up the mp3 and converts that 40 second segment into a m4r file, and you download it into your computer.

When you have all the files that you want, you go to itunes, and drag and drop them into the music library, and a Tones section will be there as well. You tick the Tones section in itunes when you go to Ringtones tab (check "Sync all ringtones and choose the folder that the files are in) and click Apply and it will put them in your phone.

Don't see a reason why you (or anyone else) feels the need to nag and compare iphone with other cell phones.

Easiest way:

Go to Free Ringtones for iPhone & Mobile. Free Ringtone Maker - Audiko

Upload whatever mp3 you want to make into a ringtone.
Once its uploaded, you can see the graph of the mp3 and choose the exact time you want the ringtone to start and end (40 secs max)
Then the program cuts up the mp3 and converts that 40 second segment into a m4r file, and you download it into your computer.

When you have all the files that you want, you go to itunes, and drag and drop them into the music library, and a Tones section will be there as well. You tick the Tones section in itunes when you go to Ringtones tab (check "Sync all ringtones and choose the folder that the files are in) and click Apply and it will put them in your phone.

Don't see a reason why you (or anyone else) feels the need to nag and compare iphone with other cell phones.

Thanks for the help. Worked perfectly for my IPhone 4s and mac computer. Now have a portion of Benny Goodman's Sing-Sing-Sing from
the Carnegie Hall Concert as a ringtone. Guess you can guess my age by my music choice--(83).
Thanks again
guy

Marilina I'm using Ringtone Star app. Ahh still shaky with it. I'm looking for the time it takes to preform all this to get a ringtone...

Just to clairify on the above posted link/app. It's not free. It cost the user $9.99 month. Please read the fine print before you upload any apps. or otherwise commit yourself.