What's new

Downloading over 5mbs

nicozuna

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if there is a setting that I can check or something I can do to be able to download games, apps and podcasts over 50mbs. I listen to a lot of podcasts and some of them are over 50mbs. I notice that when I try to download them my phone says I need to connect to wifi, and same with some games. Is there anything I can do to change that. I have looked in settings and have cellular data turned on to be able to download but it still stops me. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Hey all, I was wondering if there is a setting that I can check or something I can do to be able to download games, apps and podcasts over 50mbs. I listen to a lot of podcasts and some of them are over 50mbs. I notice that when I try to download them my phone says I need to connect to wifi, and same with some games. Is there anything I can do to change that. I have looked in settings and have cellular data turned on to be able to download but it still stops me. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
The current limit is actually 100MB, not 50 and there is nothing you can do to raise that limit, at least not on a stock iPhone. I don't know if anything is available for jailbroken iPhones or not.

If you are jail broken, you can buy the tweak "3G Unrestrictor 5 (iOS 7 & 6)" which is $3.99 (USD) on Cydia.

If you are not jail broken, I'm afraid the only way to "get around" the 100mb restriction is to be on WiFi (or to tether you device to another cellular device so yours THINKS it's on WiFi).

Marilyn

If you are jail broken, you can buy the tweak "3G Unrestrictor 5 (iOS 7 & 6)" which is $3.99 (USD) on Cydia. If you are not jail broken, I'm afraid the only way to "get around" the 100mb restriction is to be on WiFi (or to tether you device to another cellular device so yours THINKS it's on WiFi). Marilyn

Not jail broken yet, been thinking of doing that. But that sucks that you can't. Thanks for the info.