What's new

downloading apps from app store stuck on "waiting"

mira_ishak

Reaction score
i have a weid problem:

i have iphone 4 running the latest ios, i think 6.0.1
when i try to download an app from app store while i am connected on wifi, everything is normal: waiting, loading, installing. however, when i try to download the same app while i am on 3G, it gets stuck on Waiting for a while, then moves right to Installing and installs successfully. it jsut skips to tell me "loading" any explaination?

Whether or not it presents the "Loading" component doesn't really matter as long as it's progressing.

but if it isnt progressing? at home I am connected to my home wireless network. on my laptop I see download speeds of 2m a sec.. On my Iphone running 6.1, well i have been downloading speedtest.net mobile speed test from the app store for the last 5 mins... Not halfway done with it yet. App is only 9.7 megs in size... on 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 my speeds were a lot better...

I have wiped, I have double hard reset, I have DFU mode restored via Itunes, I have reset my network config under settings/general/cant-remember-the-rest.... I have DFU Restored adn set up as a NEW device (lost all my progress on 3 games since I did not restore anything, fresh downloads for everything...)

What else can I try?

on wifi speeds are .41down, .32 up
on LTE speeds are 3.28 down, .43 up...

what gives?

Last edited:
Then it's because of the data speed. And you're on 3G. The iPhone 4 and 4S does not support real 4G or LTE. I've tried downloading a 6MB app once on 3G, boy, I could've physically ripped open the package, hand write the code, re-compile it, and put it back on my 4S and the downloading still wouldn't finish.... At .41 down, it'll take forever for you to download anything really, so there's a greater emphasis on Wifi for downloads.... They're phasing out 3G, or attempting to. Lately I've been getting much slower speeds than normal, and half the time, I'm at the little ' o ' because the signals are weak even though they were clearly fine.

Crud... I missed the "5" in the first line of my post... Iphone 5 running 6.1.... does it make more sense now? :)

And my issue is when Im on my WiFi network... if my iPhone 5 is connected to WiFi it is SLOOOOOOWWWWW. if I turn OFF WiFi and connect to LTE (My iPhone 5 can do that. :) ) then my speeds more than double. I know my laptop, connected to the same router has a screaming fast connection. *** with my iPhone connected to it the phone gets no where near that.

So again I ask, Help me Obi Wan, you (and this forum) are my only hope. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not condone piracy of any kind here on iPhoneForums.

If your Wifi connection is a WPA2 connection, you'll be dropping packets like baby flies with pesticide. The 5 and Mini both have the same case of 4G/LTE prioritizing over Wifi. Even if you're on Wifi, your device will still lean towards your data.

So if I disable my wpa2 on my router would it work better? It was never this slow until I was prompted my iTunes for updated network settings...

And I never discussed Piracy

The later network settings for Verizon has shown a decent drop in data services. As for the wpa2 connection, that's been an outstanding problem for a while now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

This also happens to me. I am thinking this is because of internet problems. Or is it because of the device?