What's new

Downgrading Firmware

theteflondon

Reaction score
I am working with a stock iPhone and i wish to downgrade it to 4.3.3 so i can give it an untethered jailbreak. So far every tutorial I've found requires the phone to have been jailbroken before and having shsh blobs. I am wondering if it is possible to downgrade this stock iPhone safely? I found the firmware section on this site can i use them to do this with iTunes?

The simple answer will be no. Now why? Because without SHSH Bolbs you can't do it, the problem is that apple stop signing 4.3.3 a long time ago and the downgrade will not work.

iFrog said:
The simple answer will be no. Now why? Because without SHSH Bolbs you can't do it, the problem is that apple stop signing 4.3.3 a long time ago and the downgrade will not work.

Is it possible to download shsh blobs? could I possibly do a tethered jailbreak in order to get the shsh blobs so I can downgrade it?

There is no possibility of downloading SHSH Blobs, they are unique for every iDevice (iphone, ipod or ipad)

Your phone was running 4.3.3 at anytime? If so, you may want to look into iFaith from iH8sn0w and see if you can get the blobs that wait.

iFaith is the first public SHSH Dumper that dumps the SHSH blobs for the current iOS revision running on your iDevice.

Devices Supported

iPhone 3G
iPhone 4
iPod Touch 2G
iPod Touch 3G
iPod Touch 4
iPad 1G
Apple TV 2

So I would have to have known the previous firmware before it was upgraded in order to use iFaith?

Damn I guess i will have to see whats in store for me when I get to my friends house. Hopefully when he did his update it was to 4.3.3 and my job will be easy. Nothing is ever easy when I do stuff like this. Thanks for all of your help guys. I'm not sure if this forum gives you rep points but if it does ++Rep. Does anyone know of a good ipad forum?