What's new

Downgrade iOS 7.0.3 to iOS 6.1.3 with blobs iPhone 4 on a mac?

tt417

Reaction score
I am the owner of an iPhone 4 upgraded to iOS 7. I have become tired of apps force closing and slow responsiveness. I looked online and have found that it is possible to downgrade with ifaith but faith is only for windows I have a mac. I have tried stitching and restoring with redsn0w, I also do have iTunes 11.05 not 11.1. Does anyone know how to downgrade on a mac?

RedSn0w should work as intended, assuming your blobs are valid.

RedSn0w's blob check is flawed as they haven't updated the same parameters that Saurik had to change Cydia's APTicket parameters to.

RedSn0w's blob check is flawed as they haven't updated the same parameters that Saurik had to change Cydia's APTicket parameters to.
OK i checkedthe shsh files with ifaith in a windows vm, they are valid. I downloaded windows 7 and installed it as a VM I am running without a product key I tried restoring via ifaith I put the phone in pwned dfu as instructed but in iTunes I still got error code 1601.

16XX issues are USB driver/port based issues. Try using a USB port in the rear chassis of your terminal. If that doesn't work, remove the USB drivers and reboot your computer. Also, make sure your iTunes is 11.0.5 or below.

16XX issues are USB driver/port based issues. Try using a USB port in the rear chassis of your terminal. If that doesn't work, remove the USB drivers and reboot your computer. Also, make sure your iTunes is 11.0.5 or below.
I have iTunes 11.05 and have even tried installing on different computers I cant figure it out

borrow a laptop with windows xp and it will be easier,my friend
tried on a friend computer with windows 7 error 1601 (yes I'm positive I was in pwned dfu mode)

Did you try remove the USB driver and reboot?

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

If you're using VMWare, you may have to close out VMWare and reboot your computer. Or, you can try going to Device Manager, and removing all Universal Serial Bus peripheral ports, and restarting both your computer and VMWare.

Since you now know that your blobs are valid, you can use OSX and RedSn0w to stitch and Pwned DFU the device rather than Windows and iFaith/RedSn0w to restore the device. Mac users will not see 160X issues unless it's APTicket related. 160X is almost exclusively Windows only

If you're using VMWare, you may have to close out VMWare and reboot your computer. Or, you can try going to Device Manager, and removing all Universal Serial Bus peripheral ports, and restarting both your computer and VMWare.

Since you now know that your blobs are valid, you can use OSX and RedSn0w to stitch and Pwned DFU the device rather than Windows and iFaith/RedSn0w to restore the device. Mac users will not see 160X issues unless it's APTicket related. 160X is almost exclusively Windows only
I have tried stitching and restoring with redsnow before it got stuck at waiting for device I guess I could try again when I get homeà