What's new

downgrade ios 5.1 to ios 5.0.1 possible?

GoGo22

Reaction score
to downgrade from ios 5.1 to 5.0.1 can we just put the phone in dfu mode and then restore to 5.0.1??
iam on ios 5.0 but i want to test ios 5.1 for my "outgoing call no sound" problem.
can some one explain how to??
?

From what I understand you need to have a developer contract w/ Apple to test iOS 5.1 beta. If you're already a developer... then I appologize. :) Then yes... downgrading to 5.0.1 is that simple. DFU mode & restore via iTunes since 5.0.1 is the current firmware release.

From what I understand you need to have a developer contract w/ Apple to test iOS 5.1 beta. If you're already a developer... then I appologize. :) Then yes... downgrading to 5.0.1 is that simple. DFU mode & restore via iTunes since 5.0.1 is the current firmware release.

Thanks for this i didn't realise it was that simple i will keep that in mind if a jailbreak comes out for 5.0.1 ;)

Thanks for this i didn't realise it was that simple i will keep that in mind if a jailbreak comes out for 5.0.1 ;)
There is a Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1, but it's a Tethered JB. The 4S... that's a whole different story.

thomasjtsi said:
There is a Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1, but it's a Tethered JB. The 4S... that's a whole different story.

Yeah that's what I mean for the 4S my iPhone 4 got water damaged and broke so I now have the 4S I'm waiting for a dev team to release the jailbreak for the A5 based devices as I really want my iPad2 jail broken aswell :(

to downgrade from ios 5.1 to 5.0.1 can we just put the phone in dfu mode and then restore to 5.0.1??
iam on ios 5.0 but i want to test ios 5.1 for my "outgoing call no sound" problem.
can some one explain how to??
?

i forgot to mention it, i have got a Iphone 4S is it then also the same?

yes i have a dev contract with apple but its new a couple of days now :)

Yes... it will work the same for the 4S. I'm not certain how developers, yourself, download beta versions... but reverting back to 5.0.1 is simple as a restore via iTunes.