What's new

Does anyone use the app, wifi map please ?

islandman

Reaction score
To try and save on data, I have installed the app "wifi map" as yet, I haven't been able to fathom it out. My understanding is that with data off and wifi map on, it locates the hot spots close to you and even if they are safeguarded by a password, the password is shown, to enable you to join. So far this hasn't been the case. Clearly I am doing something wrong. If you can suggest what, or an alternative to use on my iphone, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Did you turn on Location Services in Settings - Privacy, and allow the app to use your location?

If you don't have the paid app, you need to use data to locate hotspots and their passwords.

Did you turn on Location Services in Settings - Privacy, and allow the app to use your location?
Yes I did and it did find me and it brought up a spot that I was outside.

I did reply yesterday, but just noticed it didn't show, sorry. Yes I did have location switched on, but that's as far as it went

If you don't have the paid app, you need to use data to locate hotspots and their passwords.

So your reply suggests to me that you have wifi map and use it?. That being so, you may well have the answer. BUT, it has since been suggested to me that the app is mainly for use in the States.

So your reply suggests to me that you have wifi map and use it?. That being so, you may well have the answer. BUT, it has since been suggested to me that the app is mainly for use in the States.
I read the reviews and description in the App Store. It states used in 95 countries. It lists many languages. I would guess that in some locale, users provide lots of passwords and in other, less.