What's new

Does anyone use F.LUX?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am becoming increasingly concerned about the blue light emitted by computers, smart phones and tablets.
There is an app called F.LUX for Mac which helps with the blue light at night.

Does anyone use this?
Also would be interested on thoughts about blue light.

I used to but the developer stop updating it so after iOS 9.02 is stop working

It looks like the last update for F.LUX for Mac was August 2015.

The last update was 3 months ago. It's Build 37.7 for El Capitan. I've installed f.lux on my MacBook today. So far, it's working without problems.

Last edited:
The last update was 3 months ago. It's Build 37.7 for El Capitan. I've installed f.lux on my MacBook today. So far, it's working without problems.
Oh thank you, I didn't see that one.

My pleasure.

They posted it on their site somewhere.
I've downloaded it, I saw the changes right away.

I'm wondering now how much if any it will help to reduce blue light.

Night Shift (in Settings - Display & Brightness) is working exactly the same way as f.lux. Night Shift became a feature of iOS with 9.3. I suppose that's why f.lux didn't update theirs for iOS devices.
I'm getting used to the warmer colours now in fact I have it on manually, This morning I found it too bright for my eyes when back to normal.

I'm getting used to the warmer colours now in fact I have it on manually, This morning I found it too bright for my eyes when back to normal.
I haven't tried it today yet, but yesterday I've used it, and set it back to daylight settings. There's quite a difference. You're right. Once you're used to the colour, the usual one is too bright.

I haven't tried it today yet, but yesterday I've used it, and set it back to daylight settings. There's quite a difference. You're right. Once you're used to the colour, the usual one is too bright.
I'm going to stick with F.lux and Night shift on my iPad, I just feel better not having that brightness, My eyes are pretty sensitive due to Blepharitis and another condition so these modes are much kinder, I wish I had known about F.lux before, I hope the developers keep it going.