What's new

Does anyone know of a good IM app that is guaranteed to notify?

elemein

Reaction score
Okay, long story short..

- Got a very good friend in USA. I am in Canada. She can IM for free. I have an iPhone with a good data plan. To text here therefore, I need an IM program that can use data and MSN.

The IM App Must:
- Be free
- Be easy on data
- Be MSN Applicable
- NOTIFY ME WHEN I GET A MESSAGE
- Not be too resource intensive
- Run competently in the background

Thank you! I know this is kind of a selfish request to just come on and ask for this; but I'd really appreciate this as it's very important to me... Thank you again!

Edit: Forgot to mention. I've been using the Windows Live Messenger app so far, and it works just great! BUT, unless I am in an active conersation, it fails to notify me of a message when someone messages me... This is unusable to me...

Last edited:
Sounds like HeyTell will work for you. It's a voice program rather than text, and it's standalone, so it doesn't need any other program to run it or run with it.

It's free, although there are some handy in app purchases, such as group chat. It sends notifications. It works internationally. It works on 3G or wifi, and doesn't seem too data intensive.

It's also cross platform so it runs on iDevices and Android. There is no Blackberry version.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I appreciate the suggestion, but I need it to be able to text, not call...

OK. this program saves your voice messages so you can play them back later. It's akin to a two way radio with a memory.

Well, Skype also allows text. You don't have to use voice and video. It is also cross platform.

I'm not aware of any others as these two serve my purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thank you again, but it must allow MSN... I know that's an odd request..

Sorry. I missed that part of it. I haven't had any problems of the sort with it when I uses to use it though.