What's new

Does anyone have Series 3 GPS & Cellular

dorrien12

Reaction score
I am getting mine tomorrow, hope it comes early in the day. For those that have it, how do you like it?

Are you using any type of screen protector or case on it.

Don’t have the series 3 yet, but will soon!! Just got a series 2 a couple weeks ago on sale. Anyways. For screen protector, either Zagg or ArmorSuit screen protectors seem to work very well. I tried a couple of the tempered glass screens off eBay, they are okay, but am currently using the Zagg HD clear screen protector and I plan on changing it out to one of the ArmorSuit ones when I get time. Here are pics of the ones I have used and have had good luck with.
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Both sport lifetime warranties as well. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy that new series 3 cellular + GPS Watch!!! Good day.

And as for a case, I have been using the catalyst case. Have a Spigen Tough Armor Coming and will try that next. Also have one eBay I got that is supposed to be good for bumps and scratching. Pic of the catalyst case
IMG_0011.JPG

I Suppose to me these watches are more an investment like my phone, and I want my investment as safe as possible!!!

Thanks all for your reply. I want the self healing screen protector. So I'm gonna get that Armorsuit and still possibly a bumper. Do anyone plan to use both a screen protector and a bumper?

And as for a case, I have been using the catalyst case. Have a Spigen Tough Armor Coming and will try that next. Also have one eBay I got that is supposed to be good for bumps and scratching. Pic of the catalyst caseView attachment 36719
I Suppose to me these watches are more an investment like my phone, and I want my investment as safe as possible!!!
The new series 3 Apple Watch is probably more water resistant than the case.

Reactions: 933
I ended up with the X-Doria Defense case for now. But will return as the series 3 has two holes on the left bottom corner and the case has one hole (older model), but it will do for now. I already had a clear case from Caseology, it was clear but I didn't like the look, so I returned it for the X-Doria.

Attachments

• 5952EFEA-0A05-4E4E-9614-7CB53C3637C3.jpeg
    5952EFEA-0A05-4E4E-9614-7CB53C3637C3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 681
  • 754E58F2-AA15-4CD8-98F4-8B2952E05FA1.jpeg
    754E58F2-AA15-4CD8-98F4-8B2952E05FA1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 670
  • C2A8EA8F-7733-43E4-8767-6C9C84DBB4F7.jpeg
    C2A8EA8F-7733-43E4-8767-6C9C84DBB4F7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 654
  • B2D46EBF-F027-4F69-9475-1CE43A26E76C.jpeg
    B2D46EBF-F027-4F69-9475-1CE43A26E76C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 651
  • BEAC210F-0F20-485E-BB7A-EBE04B6519E6.jpeg
    BEAC210F-0F20-485E-BB7A-EBE04B6519E6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 660
I use the case more for bumps and scratching. The catalyst screen protector that is. My series 2 is water resistant plenty enough without it. But it does offer great protection to the watch with a good screen protector. I have banged my watch several times hard and if not for the case I know it would have been scratched. But enough of that. The watches are just nice and I guess I like to keep my things that way for as long as I can. Scratch free and no broken screens!!!

I tried both those cases and even the New Trent case off eBay. None gave me the same protection as the catalyst has. The last one I have to try is the Spigen Tough Armor case. If it works well, at least I’ll have a different case to use. It’s become an obsession to find a good case that covers the edges of the screen properly LOL!! Anyhow. Enjoy that new watch and hopefully they will make some cases that are actually made for the series 3 Watch.

Please come back and share what you find. And with pictures, I'm interested to see what people find.

Am I asking too much as a female to want it fully protected but still a little slim looking so I can dress it up?

Last edited:
Not at all. It’s the same I want. Don’t want it to be too bulky. The Catalyst case that I have on it is as about as bulky as I would like to go. I will take some pics for sure. I’ll find one that I like hopefully. I’ve just about exhausted my search. There are a couple other cases I could try, and may, but I am hopeful that the Spigen case will be the ticket. The New Trent case I got isn’t too bad, and it doesn’t make the watch too bulky, will have to put it on tomorrow and see how it works. Anyhow. Will keep updating as I go. I know my watch isn’t series 3, but it’s the series 2, and I am pretty sure that for the moment that the cases made for the series 2 watches may work with the series 3. Some won’t as you have seen for yourself. I will try my best though. Have a good one until later. Good Evening.

I had a Gear S when I was with Android and I didn't use anything. My son (18 yrs) has had one for a year now and no problems (knock on wood). But the Apple watch's glass is more exposed then my Gear S was. I love it naked but am fearful that I may crack it.

After I purchase Applecare + for it and after getting used to wearing one again (1 yr without), I'll probably remove everything as I like the way it looks by itself.

Hey guys this is not my first smartwatch but it is my first Apple watch. I turned it off and it took 1:30.37 to turn back on. That seems like a long time to me. I have 11 songs and 4 applications on it. I still have 12.1GB of RAM, so not much on there. Running IOS 4.0.1 on T-Mobile.

Any takers on timing the boot up after turning it off? I'd appreciate the comparisons.