What's new

Docking stations?

chrisc1977

Reaction score
I have been through my share of docking stations for my desk, mostly let down. Any suggestions? It doesn't need to play music, just charge, function, and be out of the way.

I found one on Amazon from a company called BlueLounge? I'll take any suggestions.

Thank you.

Do you mean a dock that just hooks up to your computer? In that case the best is prolly the one by apple.

seneca18 said:
Do you mean a dock that just hooks up to your computer? In that case the best is prolly the one by apple.

No, they just lay on the desk and the cord gets in the way. I bought the BlueLouge mini dock off amazon. Its perfect!

chrisc1977 said:
I have been through my share of docking stations for my desk, mostly let down. Any suggestions? It doesn't need to play music, just charge, function, and be out of the way.

I found one on Amazon from a company called BlueLounge? I'll take any suggestions.

Thank you.

I purchased an XtremeMac 3 in 1 microdock, and it takes up very little table or desk space. Works very well for charging my 4S. There is also a free app in the app store that let's you use your phone as an alarm clock.

I purchased an XtremeMac 3 in 1 microdock, and it takes up very little table or desk space. Works very well for charging my 4S. There is also a free app in the app store that let's you use your phone as an alarm clock.

But the iPhone already has an alarm clock. What kind of phone doesn't have a alarm clock.

zig9449 said:
But the iPhone already has an alarm clock. What kind of phone doesn't have a alarm clock.

@Zigg
I know the phone has a built in alarm, but this app emulates an alarm clock.

I guess I should have been a bit more descriptive with what the app does. It allows you to use the phone to display a digital alarm clock style time on the phones screen while it is sitting in the charger. It also allows for setting of multiple alarms and also has a night dimming feature for the screen (brightness is adjustable). You can choose to wake to music or different sounds. An adjustable snooze feature. And numerous other features.

The charger dock only cost me $25.00 if my memory serves me correctly.

Haha. I know man...jus messin'.

Ima have to to check that out actually.

chrisc1977 said:
No, they just lay on the desk and the cord gets in the way. I bought the BlueLouge mini dock off amazon. Its perfect!

Thanks for the reference, I just ordered one! It is perfect, it plugs directly into the small phone charger and sits nicely in a wall outlet. I have several outlets at desktop level, so this will work out very well.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

No problem, I love mine so far. Can't beat the cost. Found mine on Amazon for less than 18