What's new

Do You Need A Plan To have internet what can i do to get free internet

bubugame178

Reaction score
hey wats up? umm i just got a iphone 4 but i dont have a plan do i need to have a plan do get internet??? for apps
PLZZ help me!

how can i do that where do i have to go?? cuz i have wireless on my house?? is it like the ipod touch???

Exactly ! it's gonna be like an ipod touch!!!
Go into settings, turn wifi ON and search for your wifi connection (your house) !

You will be able to make calls but wait till your at home to download your apps or anything else!

You should also Turn off data when you are not at home so you'll be sure that your iphone is not using data!!!

Using Data while not having a data plan cost a lost with certain carrier!!!

Last edited:
yea but u can change the carrier i just watch that video.. also why do i have to turn off data and make calls with no plan??

how can i do that where do i have to go?? cuz i have wireless on my house?? is it like the ipod touch???

This tip below may help....I am not the one giving the advice written in blue lettering below but I like it very much because it sounds feasible especially since you are not in a contract with a service provider. However, you would have to go to a free Wifi place such as starbucks (there are many more) and turn some of the items you turned off back on again.

It would be helpful if you would try it and post the results and let us all know if it worked for you. Thanks.

I've been vacationing in Florida 4 weeks now, I come out of Germany. Here's what I had turned off in the phone's Settings and have no data charges since being in Florida:

Notifications - Off

General - Network - Enable 3G - Off
General - Network - Cellular Data - Off

Mail, Contacts, Calendar - Fetch New Data - Off
Mail, Contacts, Calendar - New Invitation Alerts - Off

Messages - Repeat Alert - Off

iPod - Lyrics & Podcast Info - Off

Mainly you want the network 3g and data turned off. The place I am staying has free wifi so when within range I turn a few of the above settings on to catch up on things.

ill see but i still dont know how can that help me to get free internet???

yea but u can change the carrier i just watch that video.. also why do i have to turn off data and make calls with no plan??

My bad!

i tough that you said that you did not have a data plan!

If you do not have any plan your iphone 4 is going to be like an ipod touch until you subscribe to a plan or "pay as you go" !!!

By the way the video you just watch was about customizing the carrier name not changing carrier!!!

Last edited:
yea.. umm my sister bought it with a plan but now she dosent want it idk why and she canceled the plan she was in does that count? for it could be a ipod touch? like one

cant believe this conversation is actually happening...but who am i to judge right? :X

follow what brigitte said, turn off basically all data except for wifi.