What's new

Do not disturb setting.

Blocks incoming messages, phone calls things of that nature. I've been using it at night so I don't hear beeps and so far I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the schedule instead of sliding it on off everytime. My schedule is set at 3am - 8am. No calls or messages light up my screen or sound any alerts during that time except from my "favorites" call list. Those I allow to come through. You still have all the missed notifications and alerts on the phone. But they won't light up your screen or make a sound. It's pretty efficient.

Mine won't allow my favorites to get through. It blocks everyone.

Silverado8405 said:
Blocks incoming messages, phone calls things of that nature. I've been using it at night so I don't hear beeps and so far I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good setting on iPhone 5

Gonzo11 said:
Mine won't allow my favorites to get through. It blocks everyone.

I noticed this too... Very frustrating. I select to allow favorites through. And it still blocks them too... That's a major major mishap by iOS 6 of it continues. Major.

I have mine set to a scheduled time as well but I notice every morning the little moon icon is gone and the do not disturb is **** off so I have to turn it on every day before bed. Shouldn't it just stay on until I turn it off?

goavs18 said:
if you setup a schedule it should continue to shut off and come back on at the times you have set, no need to select the Do Not Disturb switch as long as the schedule switch under notifcations is ON.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Anyone know how I can take a person off of my favorites? I have ppl on there but would like to edit but don't see how

dengirl said:
Anyone know how I can take a person off of my favorites? I have ppl on there but would like to edit but don't see how

Never mind I found it.

Still pissed. It's not letting my selected "favorites" list come thru.. Basically schedule or not, do not disturb will let NOTHING come thru... This is a bad folly on apples iOS 6 part. I'm using a 4S.

Primetime said:
Still pissed. It's not letting my selected "favorites" list come thru.. Basically schedule or not, do not disturb will let NOTHING come thru... This is a bad folly on apples iOS 6 part. I'm using a 4S.

That is odd. I put mine to the test and I think it works correctly. Maybe you can try to remove all your favorites. Restart phone and go in and select some and see if that works? It's worth a try

Dengirl ill give it a shot. I just did what you suggested so hopefully it works.