What's new

Do I NEED to upgrade to iOS 7? Really????

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
I've read through just about everything here, and while I don't have any real questions since I've not upgraded yet; do I really really need to upgrade to the new iOS7??

I have an iPhone 4S (16gb) that I just got in June. I managed to mess around with the iOS7 on a friends 4 (16GB) iPhone last night and DID NOT like what I was seeing.

Soo, do I really need to upgrade my iOS????

Thanks,

Nope. It is your choice. Nothing will EVER force you to update.

BTW, my youngest daughter has a 16GB 4S and after she played with my 5S and iPad 3 on iOS 7, she asked the same exact question. After I gave her the same answer I gave you, she said thank you and went about her day.

The only time you're essentially "forced" to upgrade is if the apps you want to download requires a specific iOS. The minimum requirement for the mass of AppStore apps is iOS 5+ if not iOS 6+. As long as you can go about your day running the apps you need/want, I don't see why upgrading is necessary if you're not too keen about the changes.

We must keep in mind that iOS will continue to improve, just as it has done since it was first released on the first iPhone. Think of it as a journey rather than a destination.

Thank you for the input, I'm gonna hold off on upgrading for now, as I'm happy with what I have and don't really need anymore apps. :D

~Kerri

Ya, I also think its not necessary !!! Depends upon your area of interest .........