What's new

Ditching the iphone 5 for a htc one

stevebills

Reaction score
THE IPHONE 5 EATS BATTERIES MINE LAST HALF A DAY AND THE CAMERA WAS CRAP AND I HAVE DECIDED TO GET AN HTC ONE INSTEAD LOL
I still have a mini ipad and was thinking about getting apple tv gen 2 jailbroken

You might enjoy our sister site iPadForums.net more.

Since you still own an iPad mini.

Either way, welcome to the forum.

I don't know about the 5 but the 4s hAs good battery anna good camera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

THE IPHONE 5 EATS BATTERIES MINE LAST HALF A DAY AND THE CAMERA WAS CRAP AND I HAVE DECIDED TO GET AN HTC ONE INSTEAD LOL
I still have a mini ipad and was thinking about getting apple tv gen 2 jailbroken
Let us know again how the htc's doing. It will be interesting. I think your iPhone did have a minor problem/setting. But it's ok if you switched. Would just like to know after a few weeks what you experience.

iphone 5 has an excellent camera and as someone has suggested maybe your settings need adjusting,your battery should last longer than half a day.

You'll like the ios / jelly bean combo, welcome to club hybrid!

GS4/iPhone5

You'll like the ios / jelly bean combo, welcome to club hybrid!

GS4/iPhone5
I got iPhone4s, my wife 5, my daughter 5 and my son GS3... and my experience is that the iPhone and iOS are better than JB for our needs. My son is complaining every day... charging up to 3 times a day, while I settled once a day, my daughter as well and my wife every second day. It would be interesting what your experience is. As mentioned above, the camera of 4s and 5 is on par with the GS3........ awaiting your experience here...

I got iPhone4s, my wife 5, my daughter 5 and my son GS3... and my experience is that the iPhone and iOS are better than JB for our needs. My son is complaining every day... charging up to 3 times a day, while I settled once a day, my daughter as well and my wife every second day. It would be interesting what your experience is. As mentioned above, the camera of 4s and 5 is on par with the GS3........ awaiting your experience here...

I am not exactly trilled with my iPhone 5 either and regret not waiting until the HTC One came on the market...

BUT a Morphie Juice pack solved my battery problem quite nicely ... Now the camera on my iPhone is fine for my use ... but being truthful I would not complain if it did not even have a camera as I do not use it very much at all... My one major complaint is the iPhones Keyboard and the lack of a after market one to install .....screen size is fine build quality is what I paid for and I got my monetys worth in that regard I THINK..

So I too would like to see how you made out with the HTC One..

BTW.. My Tablets are both Android and I do not see an iPad anywhere in my future...

Bob G.

Coming from the Google Nexus 7, 10, and Droid Razr Maxx HD, all with Jelly Bean, you will not be happy. I've been an Android guy since the OG Droid. The newest flavor of Android is even more laggy than the past. It stutters more than any previous version. Then you add HTC's sync on top of that laggy operating system, and it's going to be incredibly slow. Battery life? Forget it. If you're only getting half a day out of the iPhone 5, you'll be doing real good to get 4 hours out of an Android phone.

Good luck.

Coming from the Google Nexus 7, 10, and Droid Razr Maxx HD, all with Jelly Bean, you will not be happy. I've been an Android guy since the OG Droid. The newest flavor of Android is even more laggy than the past. It stutters more than any previous version. Then you add HTC's sync on top of that laggy operating system, and it's going to be incredibly slow. Battery life? Forget it. If you're only getting half a day out of the iPhone 5, you'll be doing real good to get 4 hours out of an Android phone.

Good luck.

That post is about as accurate as you can get on that subject matter.

IF, and this is a big IF right now, you switch the HTC One to CyanogenMod 4.2.x, your battery life will not improve by much and that is the best battery ROM out there right now.

stevebills you may of course give your opinion on your HTC phone but kindly do it without trolling the forum,thank you.

My one major complaint is the iPhones Keyboard and the lack of a after market one to install

Is this what you're referring to?

$iphone-5-qwerty-keyboard.jpg

No..... BUT I may end up getting one of these add on keyboards because the on screen keyboard is (for me) terrible... but I assume to use the add on keyboard I would have to remove my Morphie Air pack case...and discard it...

Bob G

It's not that serious to remove your mophie case