What's new

dissatisfied

badhat

Reaction score
So just curious if this is all about loving iPhones or not. Because personally I really don't and if my company would let me I would go back to my blackberry in a split heartbeat. Or an Android device, like my delightful tablet which I'm using to do this.

Sure, its cool and I can watch Netflix in hotel rooms but the actual useful parts like email, calendar and contacts on the iPhone are less than 1/10 of what the blackberry is. Its just an inferior device, which is ironic, it must have been how apple felt when Microsoft was king of the OS despite being crappy compared to Mac. Interesting turn of events.

Well you should totally buy some RIM stock, I hear its doing quite well these days.

To each their own. My company just replaced my bb torch with an iPhone and I couldn't be happier. What about contacts and calendar on bb do you like so much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a former BB and current Android owner. I enjoy my 4S and it meets my needs. I use Exchange as well as Gmail and Verizon mail. My contacts work fine. I did jail break my iPhone and root my Android which allows me to customize as needed. Both devices have advantages and disadvantages.

The iPhone is not for everyone. If you are dissatisfied, since you are using a company device, I suggest you take your issues to your IT department and ask that they resolve.

Mike

I, too, came from BB and have no complaints. As well... since this post does not cover any relevant topic... I moved it to our Off Topic Discussion area. Thanks!

im not sure how the stock price has anything to do with it,although i was a non-greeedy early adopter and did very well on RIM overall, thanks for asking. RIM's mistake was quite common. they revolutionized email and invented an industry and didn't think anyone would want in. its BabyJogger all over again.

With the calendar, if i want to accept a meting invite i have to click through to see it in th calendar then click back to accept it. the blackberry had a better sync withn exchange and told me right in the email if there was a conflict. in the end i just ignire it now and do scheduling from my desk. the touchscreen isnt amenable to creating appointments, i dont know how many are a quarter hour of so i have to go through an extra screen and flip the dials. th contacts on th bb are useable by any application, email, sms. i have a global exchange addrssbook that i have to go into independently and decide how i want to touch a person. when i replied to an email on my bb it would show up with a purple arrow on my desktop outlook. with the iphone it just looks read so i have to figure if i sent that response or just thought about it. its just dozens of little irritating extra steps every day.

in fact the os reinds me enormously of Windows 3.1 which adds to the irony.
while im on t, i hate the keyboard. its not so much the screen is the layout. im typing on a piece of glass with my thumbs using a keyboard layoutvdesigned to stop mechanical arms from hitting each other 140 years ago. same issue with the bb but with the iphone its just code so somone shoud have fixed it. i drew one out, 2 pods of 16 characters in 4x4 squares. dont tell me i cant learn a new one, if it made sense i could learn it in a day but i cant write html5. reduce xover, most used characters layed out for two thumbs, a WAY smaller space bar.

Well badhat... I'm honestly wondering if there's anything that you actually LIKE about the iPhone, honestly?

So just curious if this is all about loving iPhones or not. Because personally I really don't and if my company would let me I would go back to my blackberry in a split heartbeat. Or an Android device, like my delightful tablet which I'm using to do this.

Sure, its cool and I can watch Netflix in hotel rooms but the actual useful parts like email, calendar and contacts on the iPhone are less than 1/10 of what the blackberry is. Its just an inferior device, which is ironic, it must have been how apple felt when Microsoft was king of the OS despite being crappy compared to Mac. Interesting turn of events.

i like iphone very much, and just got an iphone 4s as my birthday present, now i'm looking a case fot it!

The beauty of the world is your entitled to your opinion. I guess I dont understand coming on here to complain. I think a better first post would have been, "Former BB user and I need some help with a few things on iPhone I dont like". There isnt much on these phones that cant be tweaked. I could go to crackberry forums and post dozens of archaic features of BB to complain about my wifes torch but instead everytime she has an issue (3 times a week minimum) I go there and get help. Works a lil better that way.

And the comment about stock is self explanatory :)

im not sure how the stock price has anything to do with it,although i was a non-greeedy early adopter and did very well on RIM overall, thanks for asking. RIM's mistake was quite common. they revolutionized email and invented an industry and didn't think anyone would want in. its BabyJogger all over again.

With the calendar, if i want to accept a meting invite i have to click through to see it in th calendar then click back to accept it. the blackberry had a better sync withn exchange and told me right in the email if there was a conflict. in the end i just ignire it now and do scheduling from my desk. the touchscreen isnt amenable to creating appointments, i dont know how many are a quarter hour of so i have to go through an extra screen and flip the dials. th contacts on th bb are useable by any application, email, sms. i have a global exchange addrssbook that i have to go into independently and decide how i want to touch a person. when i replied to an email on my bb it would show up with a purple arrow on my desktop outlook. with the iphone it just looks read so i have to figure if i sent that response or just thought about it. its just dozens of little irritating extra steps every day.

in fact the os reinds me enormously of Windows 3.1 which adds to the irony.
while im on t, i hate the keyboard. its not so much the screen is the layout. im typing on a piece of glass with my thumbs using a keyboard layoutvdesigned to stop mechanical arms from hitting each other 140 years ago. same issue with the bb but with the iphone its just code so somone shoud have fixed it. i drew one out, 2 pods of 16 characters in 4x4 squares. dont tell me i cant learn a new one, if it made sense i could learn it in a day but i cant write html5. reduce xover, most used characters layed out for two thumbs, a WAY smaller space bar.

I'd be interesting in knowing what version of Exchange your running on your office servers.

As I mentioned above, I have several calendars and email addresses configured on my 4S. I can display any or all of these. I am running a Mac but I do not believe Windows is that different.

Based on the spelling errors in your reply my sense is that you may have some settings that need tweaked which may resolve or reduce some of your frustrations.

Another consideration. Your IP is in Canada so perhaps the RIM culture is contributing to your dissatisfaction.

Mike