What's new

Discounts on iPhones, Macs, and more: What's the deal?

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MacWorld reports:

With a few exceptions that are as exceedingly rare as they are short lived it’s unusual to see Apple products sold at significant discounts by specific retailers.And yet, in the last week or so, that’s exactly what has happened.
For example, Walmart just cut its prices on Apple’s mobile handsets. For $99, the retail giant will sell you a 16GB iPhone 5s and activate it on AT&T’s network; Apple’s official price for that same phone will set you back more than twice as much, at $199. If you’re in the market for an 16GB iPhone 5c, which normally costs $99, the price drops even more, to a mere $29.
Along the same lines, retail warehouse chain Costco, which stopped selling Apple products in 2010, has just announced that it has started carrying iPhones, iPads and iPods again, and at even deeper discounts than Walmart’s offering.
Read the entire article Discounts on iPhones, Macs, and more: What's the deal? | Macworld

Mike

Wish we had Walmart and Costco in the UK.

You do. WalMart in the UK is ASDA, and AFAIK, Costco is active there. There's one in Liverpool, or at least there was 15 years ago.
Yes I knew Walmart own Asda but it's mainly food, They sell some electrical stuff and clothes but not Apple devices, No Costco in my area either.

Yes I knew Walmart own Asda but it's mainly food, They sell some electrical stuff and clothes but not Apple devices, No Costco in my area either.

Damn. You should move to Edmonton. We have 4 Costco stores, 2 Apple stores, a WalMart on every street corner (it seems) and West Edmonton Mall, which is pretty big.

Damn. You should move to Edmonton. We have 4 Costco stores, 2 Apple stores, a WalMart on every street corner (it seems) and West Edmonton Mall, which is pretty big.
You're well catered for there then, Our nearest Apple store is 20 miles away so not too bad but as it's the only one in a big county it's always packed to the rafters.