What's new

Disable voice control

kruseanderson

Reaction score
How to disable Voice Control in iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad.
The below steps can be done on both jailbreak and non-jailbreak device.

Step 1: Download i-Fun-Box

Step 2: Launch i-Fun-Box and plug in your iDevice on your computer.

Step 3: Once i-Fun-Box detect your iDevice, navigate to Raw File System/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Step 4: Find and edit N88AP.plist

Step 5: Look through the file and find the line:

<key>voice-control<key/><true/>

And replace it with:

<key>voice-control<key/><false/>

Step 6: Save N88AP.plist and you are done.
please refrain from posting external links,thank you.......poisonivy iPF STAFF.

----------------------------------------------------

I used ifile and the plist was N94AP, but it was the only one that looked like this. Change the value to false, save, exit and respring. No more voice control or butt dialing!

I am sure someone with developer skills could design a toggle for this and integrate into sbsettings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry poison, I was trying to give credit to where I got the information. I was under the understanding that ext links were ok if relevant to post topic. But it may have been another forum or something. I didn't look to see.

hi, i downloaded i-fun-box and managed to connect to the iphone4s, however i cant find the directory at all for the file to edit, is the latest OS5.1.1 different? any other ways to edit the voice control file. what i see in my phone directory is below in the screen capture.

$Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 12.30.28 AM.jpg

Last edited:
hi, i downloaded i-fun-box and managed to connect to the iphone4s, however i cant find the directory at all for the file to edit, is the latest OS5.1.1 different? any other ways to edit the voice control file. what i see in my phone directory is below in the screen capture.

View attachment 7787

I used ifile not i-fun box and I cant quite read what is in your screen shot, but I did do this on ios 5.1.1. You could try ifile and see if you can find it that way. It was really easy to do and I havent had any problems since.

Forgive my ignorance upfront....

I have downloaded "iFile" on my iPhone 4... when I open the Ap, a screen with a header - "Local Files" is displayed. Beneath it are four folders titled "Document" "Movie" "Music" "Picture". All have "0" file(s) in them.

I have no idea how to access the files already on my phone for the purpose of disabling Voice Control (my phone is currently activating the function automatically every 15seconds and is driving me crazy!!).

How do I go about doing this? I do not understand navigate to "Raw File System" etc etc. Is that via my iPhone or computer? Again, sorry for my ignorance, just really frustrated and looking to solve this problem. Thank you for your help in advance!

Where did you find ifile? In the app store or in cydia?
To do this mod you have to be jail broken. Then download ifile from cydia. Hopefully then you can go from the instructions in previous posts. If not come on back and we'll go from there.
Cheers

@Kruseanderson You need to edit the first post....as this mod is only for jailbroken iDevices...

If you want to disable your voice control than you have to use some different tools for related to your voice. It is more useful for making some best sound of the music and also control with the some application for its tools.