What's new

Direct Sunlight

Hi and welcome to the iPhone forums. I deleted your duplicate post as it is against forum rules. I makes it hard for members to follow and creates confusion. Thanks!

Thanks Sorry for the double post, hope someone has the answer.

My iPhone6 seems to be much better in direct sunlight than my iPhone 5s, but I don't have it with me anymore to compare. Can't comment on the plus though

When comparing the displays, make sure both devices are at the same brightness setting.

Yes. My iPhone 6 is comparably brighter in direct sun than my iPhone 5. I was happily surprised to find this.

without even thinking about it, I just happened to notice that it is great in the sunlight. no issues here.

without even thinking about it, I just happened to notice that it is great in the sunlight. no issues here.
That's great to hear. This spring, trying to recover from the long cold Midwest winter, I spent a lot of time poolside in Vegas and needed to give someone some info I had on the iphone, tried to read it evendYs while.under a towel and it was still too bright. It was frustrating to have to change location just to see the phone screen.

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to hear the Iphone 6's are better in Direct Sunlight!