What's new

Dilemma in choosing an iphone: 4s(16GB) VS 5c(16GB)

which one is the best option with the consideration of price

• iphone 4s 8GB ($450)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iphone 4s 16GB ($529)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • iphone 5c 16GB ($599)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • iphone 5s 16GB ($719)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

fdlapt

Reaction score
Planning to buy a new iphone now. Debating between 4s 16GB and 5c 16GB.
4s 16GB is $529 meanwhile 5c is $599. Is the difference between these two models worth $70 prize difference?
Meanwhile, I have also heard a common comment stating that 5c's prize is set too high, it's rather a good choice to get 5s than 5c. Is that a fair standpoint? It's gonna affect my decision if i am going for 5c.
Thanks a lot! All opinions and suggestions are welcome!

Planning to buy a new iphone now. Debating between 4s 16GB and 5c 16GB.
4s 16GB is $529 meanwhile 5c is $599. Is the difference between these two models worth $70 prize difference?
Meanwhile, I have also heard a common comment stating that 5c's prize is set too high, it's rather a good choice to get 5s than 5c. Is that a fair standpoint? It's gonna affect my decision if i am going for 5c.
Thanks a lot! All opinions and suggestions are welcome!

The reason people say the 5C is overprice is considering that despite the plastic back housing as well as other parts being replace with "cheaper" components, the only difference is $50 no contract. The only real difference is the price on a 2 year contract, which is $100 less than the 5's price. The expectation was hopefully $100-150 off the contract-less price instead of the $50 difference.

In terms of longevity, I'd say the $70 difference is worth the investment, though I'd probably go for the 5S for the A7 if it's a matter of upgrading. If not, I'd get the 5. The one aspect of the 5C that I'm not too fond of is the plastic components, where it might wear and eventually be a bigger issue than just forking over the additional bit for the 5S or get the 5.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

What plastic parts will wear if the phone is going to be kept in a plastic case as most of the current owners keep their iPhones in ???

Bob G