What's new

Digitizer change !!

bradleymarky

Reaction score
Hi guys..

ive just changed the screen and digitizer on my i phone 4 and the brightness is really poor.

i bought it from ebay so i contacted the guy but he didnt want to know, everything else works fine, i compared it to a friends phone and it is very dim, ive upped the brightness but with no luck.

will i just have to put up with it or is there a solution ??

If its a 3rd party screen then its possible its not the same quality as what Apple puts in the phone originally. Typically when i replace parts in these phones i spend the extra money on Apple certified parts to avoid problems similar to this. If your brightness is all the way up then i dont see anything more you can do other than pulling it apart and checking your ribbon connectors, which in all likelihood, are probably fine considering your phone is displaying everything as it should. You might just be out of luck and if it becomes really bothersome, go back on ebay or amazon and find a geniune apple LCD.

Turn auto brightness off and make sure it isn't an issue with your light detector. Your dim screen could be an effect and not the real issue.