What's new

Did I Turn Something Off?

vineyardman68

Reaction score
Did I turn something off. I have an iPhone 8/64GB and turned my camera on to take a picture and discovered that the picture I want to take does not appear on the phone as it normally does, however, if I take the picture anyway, it does take the picture and I can view it in my photos.
What have I done to cause this?

Thanks

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Something similar happened to me on my iPhone X. The screen in the Camera app suddenly turned black, and didn‘t show what I was aiming at. Whenever that happens to me, I force close the app. It works as usual after I‘ve done that. To force close the Camera app on the iPhone 8, double tap the Home button to open the App Switcher, and slide the thumbnail of the Camera app towards the top of the screen.
Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Something similar happened to me on my iPhone X. The screen in the Camera app suddenly turned black, and didn‘t show what I was aiming at. Whenever that happens to me, I force close the app. It works as usual after I‘ve done that. To force close the Camera app on the iPhone 8, double tap the Home button to open the App Switcher, and slide the thumbnail of the Camera app towards the top of the screen.
Hope that helps.

I think these things are too close to thinking for themselves. I tried the camera today and it seems that it corrected itself. All back to normal.
Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Great! :)
If that happens again, try force closing the app. Maybe it will also help in your case.